Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Group Of Webmasters Confirm AdSense Payout Is Only A 5 - 7% Revenue Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A quick cure to it all, would be the ability to dictate our own PPC rates.

That was always an available option. Nothing can stop anyone in offering his ad space at any rate he wants and approach an advertiser directly.
Google doesn't force us to use their services.

Domain Summit 2024

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was always an available option. Nothing can stop anyone in offering his ad space at any rate he wants and approach an advertiser directly.
Google doesn't force us to use their services.

That was always an available option within the confines of the current PPC system? Clearly I was referring to a PPC evolution, obviously you missed that.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Double U, Tee, Eff?

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No flames intended, my statement was simple. PPC is neither invented nor dependable on Google.
Such an option would be unnecessary as you can always do it on your own. Why not try it?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No flames intended, my statement was simple. PPC is neither invented nor dependable on Google.
Such an option would be unnecessary as you can always do it on your own. Why not try it?

Stating the obvious x6 without a lifting belt, is either going to end with a hernia or a seizure. Did I miss your point buried in there somewhere? :D

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend of mine, and apparently him and a group of about a half a dozen other webmasters have been running AdSense experiments recently. They were running AdWords campaigns on each others websites via AdSense, and then having other bystanders click their own ads to see where the chips fall.

The end results were that Google apparently bills advertisers for multiple clicks, but only pays out 1 click per user to the AdSense publisher [similar to Sedo's policy]. The other disturbing result, is that according to this batch of research, AdSense only pays out on average between 5 - 7% of what's billed to the AdWords advertiser, that's not including the substantial multiple click revenue they're pulling off the top as well.

Nice!

Very disturbing news!

usedcargod

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5%-7% of revenue share is contrary to their financial statements and they wouldn't play with it for sure.
Paying one click to publisher and charging multiple clicks to advertiser is also very questionable. I am both a publisher and an advertiser with a good tracking software and I couldn't confirm that. On the contrary, I see relatively often a single user clicking on all ads on my page and all clicks being regularly tracked and paid.
Yes, both my Adsense and Adwords income are suffering, but it is a consequence of many factors, mainly saturated market and end of the hype.

Besides they are not the only player in town.

This is my exact experience also. I occasionally have 200% click through on adsense.

I also buy in the same market that I sell ads in and my experience is that I get paid 50% not 5 to 7 %.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They created adsense so they want the biggest pie, its only fair, if you dont like it, move on , thats the way I see them doing it

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a variety of turnkeys, utilities and search engine scripts that type of thing

Sorry to appear a bit thick, but what do you mean by utilities (in the UK, utilities are gas and electric, water, telephone etc), and SE scripts. Do you mean your sites are promoting these things - or something else?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or sensationalism, one of the two...

I wish I could be that blasé, I wouldn't be particularly successful at anything, but at least some of the stress of pedaling a large volume of traffic would dissipate. My PPC income gains and losses over the last 4 years have been sensational, guilty as charged I suppose.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think the problem is this...Google keeps more money to themselves, having established a virtual monopoly and the support or preference of millions. So now they can make the portions smaller; much like the new trend in restaurants.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't be the only publisher seeing 10 impressions - 12 clicks, 5 impressions - 6 clicks etc. It doesn't happen every day but it happens quite often, so I'm not too sure why some are saying they don't pay for multiple clicks. Maybe they just filter out what they deem to be non-natural click patterns?

I also don't see the correlation between more websites/traffic and lower returns.

Maybe I'm just the oddball publisher. But like jasdon11 I'd like to know if the others seeing this(content of the thread) are running MFA or other similar websites.

usedcargod

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh, your doing better than me :)

AdSense for Content top channels 165,197 3,047 1.84% $1.37 $227.12

damn, I've been pissed off that the $48.22 wasn't around $100 as I thought that was the benchmark.

3,611 757 20.96% $48.22 $174.11

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My guess is that google is moving to a different model, based on their search engine and youtube. And new videos based ads on high end sites, with most people having such fast internet connections. It's no longer a problem to show ads with in video's, and I'm seeing ads more and more with big news sites news video's.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I'd better keep quiet - seems like I'm getting a good deal compared to you guys :approve:

Tony and Virtual - what kind of sites are your adsense on, forums, content sites, mfa sites?

All my sites are content sites.....that's what bugs me about the $$$....any thoughts on how to improve?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although parking is a bit different to adsense, I have a domain which was averaging around $25 per month on parking.

I changed it to a small one page website with a link to a single affiliate program and I'm now getting around US$700 to $800 a month.

Unfortunately I don't think I can do that so easily with the majority of my domains, or I would.

It has shown me that domains can be worth a lot more than 5 or 10 times parking income when used for selling products or services as an affiiliate, and presumable even more when selling a company's own product (although I guess I knew that already).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators