Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

groupsex.com stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetTuner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone has fraudulently gained access to my NetSol account and changed the contact e-mail address to himself. He then initiated a transfer with Dotster for the domain groupsex.com. I found out on the same day, and contacted NSI asking them how they allowed this to happen. I was told to contact their legal department to have the domain locked, and was assured that they would not let the domain transfer. I did just that, changed the contact info back to myself, and changed all the passwords.

Well, guess what, two days lated, Dotster had the domain with (surprise, surprise) the thief's contact details:

Registrant:
jstn ltd.
125 Kendall Street
Walpole, Ma 02081
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: GROUPSEX.COM
Created on: 29-MAY-96
Expires on: 28-MAY-06
Last Updated on: 16-MAY-03

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Pessa, Justin [email protected]
jstn ltd.
125 Kendall Street
Walpole, Ma 02081
US
774-306-1093

Domain servers in listed order:
NS15.WEBMASTERS.COM
NS14.WEBMASTERS.COM

Has anyone ever seen this contact name before? I tried to contact Dotster, but it has been useless. They have virtually no support (phone or e-mail). Isn't there a member on this board who works for Dotster? Does anyone know who he is or know how to get through to Dotster? Has this ever happened with anyone else? Would any of the attorney members here want to take this case if I have problems getting the name back fast (I will be reporting this to my contact at the FBI in any event)? Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024
M

mole

Good you spotted this quick. The fact that the thief uses a free anonymous email doesn't bode well for him/her. Maybe you could check with the free email company to get an IP trace.

Ninurta

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just checked google with "justin pessa" and "[email protected]"

Seems your guy likes Linux and Cryptology a lot...maybe you can have some information from the sites he visited...

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Since you have contacted the FBI I hope you answered 'yes' to their question if you suffered a financial loss of more than $5,000 - or else they won't ever call you back.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dotster 360 253 2210 Good luck.

Mark Mitford used to work for Dotster but no more.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the DNS is still that of NetTuner's (Webmasters.com)

That's more proof that the name belonged to you. I would capture a WHOIS with a unix timestamp, if I were you.

NetTuner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Timecharge,

I know about the FBI's limit. I paid $50,000 for the domain, and have all receipts to show for it. Thanks for the input.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot but think here of the fradulent transfer of sex.com and the response of Network Solutions.

An excellent resource on the ongoing multimillion dollar litigation is press.sex.com

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Man that is quite a case. I hope it's resolved soon. Good luck with the FBI report.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the scum-bag thief. Same thing happened to me with WeInsureU.com - Stolen, but not the loss you have experienced... I have to file a dispute with the losing registrar, which is Dotster.com vs. MelboureIT, who now has the domain name.

I'll get 'em - Just biding ( not bidding ) my time.

quack :cool:

NetTuner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because of this forum and timechange.com, the domains were returned to me by someone who has bought them from the thief (hung.com was taken as well). I would like to thank everyone who posted their support. I feel privileged to be a member of this forum, it is invaluable!!!

M

mole

Cripes, tuner. You paid $50k for the name and you didn't lock it? :eek:

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It was a crafty job; it's been mentioned before that there are insiders at NetSol that assist such transfers. Anyway, more in private as this forum is wide open to the public. I suggest we move this to the members only forum.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i lost also knockers.org the same way from dotster.com ..the domain went back to the guy i had bought from .....
i m still waiting for an answer from dotster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom