Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

groupsex.com stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Case might be closed, but Id still wanna kick his as :D

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great news that this was resolved - Timechange you are the BEST!!! Between you and Mole - we are all in good hands!!! Great news to hear you got the domain back - We will note this guy in our files and make a few other brokers aware of his scam. Great Job!!!!

NetTuner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is another update:

I was surprised that NetSol actually put the two domains back into my account on the second day after I reported the fraud. So even if the domains were not returned to me by the new "owner", I would have had them back anyway. It's good to know that Netsol took this seriously and acted fast to get the names back.

So if this ever happens to you, don't lose hope. Also, if you paid more than $5,000 for the domain, by all means report it to the FBI. I have a good contact there, and they are starting to take all types of Internet fraud very seriously. If anyone needs help reporting a case like this to the FBI, please PM me.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great news NT :D

I was baptized in the 'line of fire' 3 years ago when an allegedly Russian hacker that was logging in from Turkey hijacked one of my domains, using a neat security exploit in the old Netsol form system. The FBI agents in Tampa were eager to listen but not too helpful when I mentioned my loss was $1,000 or so. Luckily the hijacker was just playing games showing off their skills and he returned the domain 2 days later - at the same time I had faxed all sorts of documents to Netsol.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Might be good to give some free Platinum memberships to the FBI (if they can be authenticated)? Would be nice to have law enforcement around....they'd likely learn a lot too.

DNInvestor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange.com

The FBI agents in Tampa were eager to listen but not too helpful when I mentioned my loss was $1,000 or so.

FYI. I don't think that the FBI will argue with you about the value of your loss. If you tell them that the domain has been appraised for over $5000 they will believe you. Also, you can count losses for time/expenses in cleaning up the mess from a hacker.

Hope it helps, Chris

jstn

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I did NOT steal any site that NetTuner was talking about. My credentials were ripped off by some a-hole to mask his identity and to point the finger at me.

I do not appreciate everyone jumping their guns and attacking me in this manner. It has, and will further, associate me with people whom I detest, criminals.

Honestly, if i knew how to steal a site, and was successfull in doing so, why would I list all of my own information?! I am surprised that no one here noticed/mentioned that.

I received an anonymous tip from a forum member here telling me about this thread, and these accusations. I have misplaced the email but thank you very much. :)

Hopfully this thread will be removed so that I am not professionally and persoanlly ruined any further.

Good bye.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jstn
I did NOT steal any site that NetTuner was talking about. My credentials were ripped off by some a-hole to mask his identity and to point the finger at me.

I thought you said the domains were in your possession? Or you're saying you didn't know they were and that your contact info was being used?

jstn

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I never said any domains were in my possession.

I am saying that my legitimate credentials were used, unknowingly by myself, as a mask for this theif.

- jstn

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So NetTuner and you never engaged in any online contact to return the domains? They were returned to NetTuner out of the blue and you were simply alerted to this thread by someone who happened to read about it here and emailed you?

jstn

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, spoke with him online however he wasn't very frank about what he was talking about and I had no idea what was going on until I received an email that recommended I have a look at this thread.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Justin, I can easily prove that you're full of it. By coming here to tell us you had nothing to do with those names and that you had no idea about your name being used, you're not doing any justice to your "name and professionalism". I can prove that you knew those domains were in your possession and you had no problem holding onto them until NetTuner found out and you were alerted to this thread - from your website referrer logs for all I care. Need I continue?

NetTuner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never had contact with Justin. The person who returned my domains was Victor Chang at [email protected] who said he bought the domains from someone on IRC and didn't know they were stolen.

Justin, so the e-mail address [email protected] was not yours then, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom