• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Have a look at this

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
0
Planning my drops today I ran across this. The domain nashvillemusiclink.com was suppose to drop today the old owner was http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=nashvillemusiclink.com and the old registrar was Directnic http://web.archive.org/web/20021123235100/http://www.nashvillemusiclink.com/. Now have a look at http://www.whois.sc/nashvillemusiclink.com Notice who the registrar is and the registrants city. Now have a look at what city directnic is located http://www.whois.sc/directnic.com .

Looks to me like someone over at directnic is deleting domains a bit early for personal gain. Could be a coincidence but signs say otherwise.
 
Himmm, very suspicious indeed. Maybe it needs to get reported...

NW
 
The "link" suffix makes those domains truly a junkyard special :-)
 
Thanks for the insightful input but I wasn't after it for name recognition.
 
I've been seeing this guy get some good names from time to time and the rest have been mediocre.....This was the only one that I saved the whois information from that he got.

Domain ID:D101932016-LROR
Domain Name:BIRDFORUM.ORG
Created On:05-Nov-2003 19:11:24 UTC
Last Updated On:29-Jan-2004 18:39:40 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Nov-2004 19:11:24 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R63-LROR
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:PENDING DELETE

Any domains he is going to drop usuallly have [email protected]

*EDIT wrong info removed*
 
Dotser used to drop their own names and pick them back on on Namewinner. Beachie got a lot of names by knowing which ones would drop. I didn't have access to the list fast enough to add dotster names. By the time I would get them they would have dropped.
 
Thanks to Beachie I turned a $100 .org purchase into a $2,200 sale :-D
 
Domain ID:D104064689-LROR
Domain Name:MARIS.ORG
Created On:06-Mar-2004 19:35:58 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Mar-2004 19:35:58 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Mar-2005 19:35:58 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R48-LROR
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Domain ID:D104064690-LROR
Domain Name:FREENAME.ORG
Created On:06-Mar-2004 19:36:13 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Mar-2004 19:36:13 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Mar-2005 19:36:13 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R48-LROR
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Intercosmos Media Group Inc. (R48-LROR) DIRECTNIC
 
Todays catches with same registrar by the guy.
Didn't save the previous information on these names.

BUSINESSWORKS.ORG
HOTPICS.ORG
MINIDISCS.ORG
POPSICLE.ORG
USFUNDS.ORG
 
Actually Here is a listing of previous registrars....

POPSICLE.ORG R39-LROR (ENOM)
HOTPICS.ORG R39-LROR (ENOM)
BIRDFORUM.ORG R63-LROR (NSI)
USFUNDS.ORG R52-LROR (Melbourne IT)
MARIS.ORG R63-LROR (NSI)
FREENAME.ORG R63-LROR (NSI)

So he's obviously either an employee that is using their connection, a private service, or he's just been lucky. I see no correlation with Directnic especially with .com drops as those are all handled by the central registry now instead of individual registrars.
 
Who knows.. The nashvillemusiclink.com one seemed fishy from the information I had. Mabey it was a fluke...
 
It would be a big problem if someone can shorten the PendingDelete period.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom