Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

HEHA.NET 4000 - 5000 Hits a day MUST GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
j8jweb said:
Ah, actually I see what Luc means here. It seems Marketleap have fixed / changed this. They used to show results in the way that Luc says.

The domain heha.net has 359 links.

The combined link popularity of heha.net and ALL of its subdomains (there
seem to be thousands) is ~15,000.

sex.heha.net is not the same as heha.net BUT heha.net is the SAME as
sex.heha.net under Marketleap unless you append a "www." prefix of
heha.net.

It's a bit hard to explain, so I won't get into it and crap all over the sales
thread but in most situations where the "www.domain.com" linkpop differs
from the "domain.com" linkpop, there is usually a lot of bad links. This is NOT
the case with this domain since it's apparent that the heha.net links came
mostly from subdomains (this can be checked by putting in .heha.net into
the box and ignoring the alltheweb results).

99% of the time, when there is such a significant difference in linkpop there
are bad links, ex: hometown-aol.com and www.hometown-aol.com.

Good luck with the sale, and don't get so agressive. Point out that the
domains links are actually subdomain links and you wont get all this negative
attention.

Luc L.

Domain Summit 2024

xwhois

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HEHA.NET is now SOLD.

Thanks everyone.

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, heha.net was a free webspace provider in Hong Kong who mainly serves HK, Taiwanese, and Chinese users. It is why it got that high traffics.

BTW, can anyone PM me the final price of this name, just curious, i won't disclose it, thanks ...

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this domain has already been sold, but reading through this forum about the linkpop and preceeding "www." discussion made me want to do some investigavite work. In the case of heha.net it is understandable that this domain has subdomains. BUT, it is also possible for link popularity from other sites to register on Marketleap completely throwing off the results.

For example, enter "vacations-now.com" domain into Marketleap twice - once with the "www." and once without. The difference in results is huge and could lead to you spending alot of money for a domain with 0 links.

vacations-now.com : Linkpop = 1,842
www.vacations-now.com : Linkpop = 0

What causes this discrepancy? There is another popular domain
name called "www.discount-vacations-now.com" Linkpop = 1,041

If "vacations-now.com" falsely picked up links from www.discount-vacations-now.com, which is a completely different domain (not a subdomain), is it safe to say that
"heha.net" could falsely pick up links for "haha-heha.net", "lol-heha.net" and any other name that contains a dash before heha and is not preceeded by a "www."? You bet.

My whole point being, don't get scammed into overpaying for a domain just because somebody says linkpopularity is from subdomains. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guile said:
I know this domain has already been sold, but reading through this forum about the linkpop and preceeding "www." discussion made me want to do some investigavite work. In the case of heha.net it is understandable that this domain has subdomains. BUT, it is also possible for link popularity from other sites to register on Marketleap completely throwing off the results.

For example, enter "vacations-now.com" domain into Marketleap twice - once with the "www." and once without. The difference in results is huge and could lead to you spending alot of money for a domain with 0 links.

What causes this discrepancy? There is another popular domain
name called "www.discount-vacations-now.com" Linkpop = 1,041

If "vacations-now.com" falsely picked up links from www.discount-vacations-now.com, which is a completely different domain (not a subdomain), is it safe to say that
"heha.net" could falsely pick up links for "haha-heha.net", "lol-heha.net" and any other name that contains a dash before heha and is not preceeded by a "www."? You bet.

My whole point being, don't get scammed into overpaying for a domain just because somebody says linkpopularity is from subdomains. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Thanks Guile.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unregistered said:
FYI, heha.net was a free webspace provider in Hong Kong who mainly serves HK, Taiwanese, and Chinese users. It is why it got that high traffics.

BTW, can anyone PM me the final price of this name, just curious, i won't disclose it, thanks ...

Anyone know why the HK, China sites get SO much traffic anyway? Are they using script bots or something... seems like every single site from over there gets a ton of traffic -not much good to english-speaking sites; but still.

-Wesley

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Anyone know why the HK, China sites get SO much traffic anyway?
-Wesley

There are so many internet users.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
guile said:

What causes this discrepancy?

There is no discrepancy or any scam here.
Marketleap's Linkpop just as Google's Pagerank simply evaluate and rate ANY single page on the net and not a site as a whole.

e.g. results for "www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions" are NOT part of "www.microsoft.com" neither for "http://microsoft.com".
They are all separate results for every, exact link.

So, if someone points to a site having links for more of its subdomains/pages, you actually have to ADD all those results in order to get site's linkpop value.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Anyone know why the HK, China sites get SO much traffic anyway? Are they using script bots or something... seems like every single site from over there gets a ton of traffic -not much good to english-speaking sites; but still.

-Wesley

If the website is popular, just imagine everyday 0.001% of China people going to your website.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited in 2008

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom