Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello from MapleDots

MapleOne

Level 1
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have been registered here for a few months and have so far not been able to read or post in any topics. I noticed today that you have opened up a few forums. I'm glad to see that because not everyone wants to become a paying member. I mostly sell via my own landers and do not usually pursue sales through the forum formats.

That said, I'm glad I can read a few topics and I was going to post this in the "Introduce yourself" section but strangely enough I could not do that because of insufficient priviledges.

Anyways, I'll contribute where permissions allow me to do so and I hope to chat with a few of you guys soon.

I see a lot of familiar faces here :)

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mapledots and welcome.

Yes it seems all sections were locked down for free members by the previous owners. I think it was to combat spam. We recently opened up again for posts in the discussion area of the forum. But will also open up "guides help and other stuff" so other people can also post intros.

For now welcome.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi MapleDots,

Welcome to DNForum.com

Although you may not typically pursue sales thru forum platforms, I suggest you upgrade to at least the Platinum level.

There are quite a few members on DNForum.com, who have the resources to acquire quality domains.

So, whether you're a seller or buyer, by upgrading, you would be able to take advantage of those opportunities in the future.

Good Luck!

imo...

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello my friend from the Great White North! ;)

MapleOne

Level 1
Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like I can post now even that it was moved to the introduction section.

Been busy all morning moving hundreds of domains to godaddy. I'm all over the map with just shy of 1000 domains and I'm getting tired of all the different procedures at each registrar. I figure godaddy is the most used so I'll stick with them. So that's what I've been doing all morning and a few dozen domains always get stuck somewhere in the process and then it takes time to sort it out. :eek:

The forum here looks nice and clean, so with some open areas I'll drop in and say hello periodically. I'm amazed how many of my friends are members here,

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Godaddy has the most cluttered interface, highest prices and the most upsell screens of any mainstream registrar. Being the biggest does not mean the best service.

I would recommend looking at either Dynadot, Namesilo or Uniregistry for consolidation.

Regarding your peers being here. Its the oldest domain forum in existence. So if you know OGs you will find them here.

MapleOne

Level 1
Reaction score
I'm using godaddy beta and I don't get any ads and the interface is quite slick. Other than the usual privacy additions on check out they seem to leave me alone.
I have domains with all your mentioned registrars but every time I sell a domain godaddy seems to agree with everyone. I have never had anyone say they don't have a godaddy account for a push. I recently had to open a dynadot account to receive a domain and if I want to push it out within 60 days I need to find someone who uses dynadot. With godaddy that never seems to be an issue.

Yup I see more familiar people here every time I visit.

Shoutout to @Biggie for helping me get posting access. :cool:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've used Enom.com every since I started domaining

also have some names at Moniker, Netsol and a couple at Dynadot and Fabulous.
also can say that, none of those registrars has never been an issue, for any buyer I've had.

BTW: Gobaddy sucks :)

imo....

MapleOne

Level 1
Reaction score
I've used Enom.com every since I started domaining

also have some names at Moniker, Netsol and a couple at Dynadot and Fabulous.
also can say that, none of those registrars has never been an issue, for any buyer I've had.

BTW: Gobaddy sucks :)

imo....

I f you have a domain you just transferred in to Moniker and I want it then I need a moniker account right?
I may or may not grab the domain because I don't deal with moniker. Now its wait the 60 days or get a moniker account.

I ran into that a few times lately and I'm opening accounts everywhere. I much prefer to be with godaddy because I have never had a domainer that did not have an account there for a push.

Biggie.... you have to try the beta interface.... its actually pretty slick.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators