Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiphouse

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have followed domain names on and off for 5 years and have acquired a couple of dozen names through hand registration and auction. To date I have not actively looked at selling any of these names but will be in the future as I look to focus more on the buildout of 2-5 names. Here are some quick facts about me as it relates to domains:

1) How Many Domains do I own?

I currently own ~25 names.

2) My most recent acquisition was?

BoraBoraTravel.com

3) My most recent sale was?

I have never sold a name. The reason for this is two-fold in nature; (i) every name I purchase has a back-end intent (ii) my day job keeps me busy and I have not made the commitment to reaching out to end-users, listing names at auction, etc. This is going to change as I would like to di-vest my portfolio and focus on building a tangible company.

4) What extensions do I own?

All of my names are .com's except for one which is a .co - the .co is www.lifeinsurancebroker.co, although it is not a .com, I think this name could still kill it in lead generation.

5) What is my favorite name in my portfolio...

I have many but the one that stands out the most is www.filetmignons.com - acquired in 2009, we built this site out to offer the best filet mignon you will ever eat online or offline. Our steaks are expensive but they are worth every penny.

6) What I look for when buying a name....

(a) something that interests me (b) within an existing industry that has big market capitalization (for example beef industry $50B industry, OmahaSteaks.com alone does $450m in revenue a year. Considering Filet Mignons is the most popular cut of steak online or off, I think there is potential in this name/business). (c) a niche within a large market capitalization industry (see b). (d) scalable

7) Wish list...

A category killer one or two word name in the lead generation space

Albeit brief I hope the above gives a slight insight into the way I have been thinking about domains. I look forward to becoming active on this forum and interacting with all of you.

Cheers,

Paul

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice intro, welcome to DNF :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi, shiphouse, i like your op, most people here don't bother to elaborate, i enjoy seeing someone sharing with others so we can all learn

:thumb:

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF and a great introduction :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best intro short of bringing a bottle of fine scotch in the door, welcome!

Please do make yourself at home here and enjoy this fun filled underworld of web overlords and name hoarders :cool:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul

Welcome to DNForum.com

I too live in Chicago and yesterday evening I was reading a home delivered flyer from Jewels....they have Filet Mignons on sale this week @ $4.99 each

:)

Good Luck!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few Chicago guys on dnf, cool.... the 3 mods are all in different areas of the US :cool:

As for the filet mignon thing, some peope like it, it's small but thick LMFAO.... It must be big with ppl who are on some type of diet, I suppose if you can find the meat and taste in it and you didn't pay much for getting it then why not....LMAO......but I think I'll stick to t-bone steak :) (serious tho 4.99 sounds like a steal, plus home delivered .....yummmmm)

:hungry:

I too live in Chicago and yesterday evening I was reading a home delivered flyer from Jewels....they have Filet Mignons on sale this week @ $4.99 each

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot: Really nice job with FiletMignons.com ! 1st rate, I love the site, logos, theme, colors, etc (especially the woodhouse background, it works so well) .....I might even try the product one of these days (any disc for DNF members lol ?....) ubiquitous Omaha Steaks has nothing on you ! lol

:cool:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't always eat steak, but when I do, I prefer Filet Mignon. :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom