• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help! My contact information is on a domain that is not mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zearo

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Ack!

I was cleaning out my WHM (Web Host Manager) and went to take off some old hostees.

I realized that a domain that used to be mine is now being used by someone else for and adult site.

I don't know what happened. I created the domain, and I am pretty sure I did not let it expire, if I did - someone reactivated it under my information.

I don't know if it was stolen from me, or what happened, but when I to it it gives me an adult site. What I am really concered about though is when I looked at the whois information, my contact info is there. Well, my old contact info from years ago.

I don't ever remember selling it, I don't care about the domain, I just don't want my contact information being associated with the adult site. It is not mine.

How can I fix this?

Thank you all for your help!
 
if it's still your email, maybe you can get it transferred.
if not, I would contact the registrar.
 
Okay, I will try that - it is on an old email address, but I think msn may let me revive it. Hopefully. Ha.

I looked again, other than my first name being in the email address, the rest of the contact information is sketchy, there is no address, and my initials were used.

It was one of the first domains I ever regg'ed which is why I put flakey information - ha. didn't want to be harrassed online back then. well, still don't.
 
You can also report the misleading whois info
http://wdprs.internic.net/

The registrar should then be informed and attempt to contact the registrant (that is you). If you ignore their request I believe the name might ultimately be deleted :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom