• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help on valuation based on metrics please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
91
Hi guys/gals:

Need some input here.

I have a site which is getting per DAY:

2,500 page impressions
1,000 unique visitors
170 returning visitors
$3 AdSense revenue (not monetised properly)

Again, that is per DAY.

Been going steady for almost 2 years. It's a site where people can upload files etc.

Any idea of the value here?

Thanks!
 
Revenue is steady and around $1k a year. Somewhere between two and eight years of revenue seems reasonable, but...because people can upload files you probably have costs related to storage and bandwidth. Reasonable price is between $2K to $8K minus costs of storage and bandwidth.
 
Thanks Leo. I have no special bandwidth or storage bills. It's 'all you can eat' at 1.5Mbps on a 60GB host costing $80/month. So not much profit, but still a reasonable amount of traffic?
 
I wont put dollars on it, but given the audience the traffic does have value even without the revenue especially if its US traffic of course. I have some high traffic with low revenue domains and I find them good for exposure on the right projects.
 
have you tried any cpa programs? might bump revenue, esp if you get 1 ringtone sign up per day. $10 more in rev.
 
Thanks all for the input. Traffic is broadly international. Might look at some CPA stuff like Azoogleads or something.
 
this isnt a referral, but I like cpaempire.com .. namely doug davis. When I dont have time to find the best campaign he takes the time to figure out what best suits my sites. He's also available by phone and on aim so for a cpa program, thats my fav choice.

G'luck aZooZa

Jack
 
Many thanks Jack. Will look at that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom