Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[help Pls]godaddy Account Has Been Stolen And Security Changed....all Domains Losing

Edream

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's good to post in the subsection of the forum.

I want to share the pain that I am experiencing.

1: Why has the account been stolen?
It's my fault. I have filled the info into a whois verification of the phishing site(godaeddy & godacddy). It's the old trick. I am usually carefully about it. However, I am so busy yesterday afternoon. I even discovered that there are something is unusual after visiting the page and fill the login form.

I go back to the inbox of the web hotmail, check the link address up. I still didn't sensed the phishing domain name(again godaeddy & godacddy).

2: What the hacker do?
2.1: He changed everything with the password. So I finally loss the account even after I called Godaddy. Because the only thing I hold now is the customer number id.
2.2: He transferred 3 domains out of the Godaddy. To Bigrock as the current register. Of course, he modify the ownership of whois of the domains.
2.3: I am not sure how about the other domains. By searching in whois date center, they are still at Godaddy.

3: Godaddy let me...
I contacted Godaddy. They asked me to fill two forms. One is for transfer dispute. and the other is to
Regain access to the account or the domains.

Help please!
1: Is it possible to get all domains back?
2: Should I just wait for them to contact me for the next step? Or is there any other auctions I could try to accelerate the processing?

Thanks so much!

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you fell prey to this technique. PM me for further assistance, I can get you to the right people.

Still waiting for some info from the OP.

Edream

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am working with Godaddy to get the domain names back. till the writing, there are good news as well as bad one.
seems they are not willing to get some domains that still hold on Godaddy back to me. as they told me that I am not the registrant.

those domain names is holding blank whois. I don't understand the reason.

However, I am sure I am the previous/last person who listed on WHOIS.

Where to find the lawyers to help?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I sound like a broken record: get me your email and domains via PM and I will get you some info.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sound like a broken record: get me your email and domains via PM and I will get you some info.
Theo,
I was reading your response to someone who had their names stolen! I just had my best three names I use stolen. Freaked.com, Afraid.net, and Died.org. What can I do? I am working with godaddy but want to be proactive. I was listed as the whois etc. They hacked my email to gain entry. My CC on file saved me and I was able to secure all the names but those 3.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators