Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help: Purchased Domain with Bad History!

domainersm

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this and I know what most would say and I already said it to myself: "Should have checked before!". Please bypass this and help me here if you can.

I just bought a domain name and waiting the transfer as it needs 60 days after the previous registration. When I typed the URL it was just saying that it is available for sale. Now when I Google words of the domain alone in eh Google search bar, it gives me all results that are related to adult content! Although purpose of the website is parenting advice and socializing. Total opposite. I am quite surprised that these words bring such results.

I would really appreciate your advice guys. My heart is set on starting this project and brand but at the same time last thing I want is to spend years cleaning up a domain name. Is it possible even to clean it up? Could it be the results are coming this way because it was not used yet?! I tried domain history website nothing comes. I paid a good amount of money for this and all its extensions just a day ago.

Please help.

Domain summit 2024

ikhub

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can you PM the domain name? There is a always a way out.

domainersm

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply ikhub. I am putting this on hold for a day now as I am in contact with company I bought it from. If they refund me, no need for me to look into this further. Appreciate your help.

Yay! Got refunded. Issue resolved. Thanks to everyone.

ikhub

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good to see you get relieved from the tension.

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to work it out! What kind of bad history did it have?

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to work it out! What kind of bad history did it have?
It appears to have links and/or indexed pages that are adult related since he stated that at the top. Probably some old stuff that is still indexed and some links on other adult sites.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom