• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help - spanish translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
71
What is the equivalent to "Under Construction" in spanish? Translation sites say it's "en construcción", but I don't know if that is grammatically correct.
 
that would work, if you literally wanted to say under contruction, bajo de construcción or bajo construcción maybe, hopefully someone more fluent will post
 
i would go with bajo construccion sometimes also referred to as abajo although "en" is spanish for "in" so in construction is applicable here also
 
Thanks for the responses...
 
"en construcción" is the correct expression, and it's what is used on pages that are, Under Construction
 
Bajo construccion is better than en construccion.
 
"abajo or bajo construccion" is used at some construction sites for (real) property vs. virtual property
 
I'm confused. Here's the results from Google:

"en construccion" 2,120,000
"bajo construccion" 71,600
 
there are many variations of spanish spoken in different parts of the world. my favorite is "alto" which is stop in mexico but means "high" in south america.

if you are going for key words i would obviously go with the higher overture; if you look up the term thru various spanish
translators on the net you get both definitions as you have listed above
 
dmyre said:
I'm confused. Here's the results from Google:

"en construccion" 2,120,000
"bajo construccion" 71,600

Well no reason to be confused, like I said, "en construccion" it's what's used more and therefore those overture numbers. Both work, but, I would go with the higher ov
 
Makes sense to me... Thanks.
 
"En construcción" - Under Construction, last time I checked, in use in Mexico, Spain, Chile. Anywhere else, I cannot assure (of course it's the same).

PS. Now I know why so many people register 'pseudo spanish' worthless domains. 'bajo construcción'... Jeez!.

En Construcción.
 
dmyre said:
I'm confused. Here's the results from Google:

"en construccion" 2,120,000
"bajo construccion" 71,600
It shouldn't be too confusing. Or are you just trying to be witty?

On page 1 of results for "en construccion", only 1 page is actually under construction. The rest are actually using under construction in a phrase.

On page 1 of results for "bajo construccion", 9 of the pages are under construction. The remaining 1 is an under construction animation.


Obviously it's a personal choice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom