Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

HELP! What in the heck is happening to my traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panterrasbox

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is driving me bonkers!

Doing some routine auditing, and noticed that one of my domains parked at SEDO is getting redirected multiple times and ends up somewhere that I don't expect it to. Take a look at www.TimeReview.com.

Is this a problem at SEDO, or Moniker, or something else?

Moniker is the registrar and it points to NS1.SedoParking.com and NS2....

Last week I experienced something similar with a certain domain hosted at Atomic. When I tried to edit the mail record, Moniker forced the change to Moniker DNS. So once it was messed up and I did not know which Atomic/Pagely DNS to point to, I tried, BlueHost, then Bodis, then SEDO. Anyway, after some pain, and not knowing where the problem lie, I got it pointed back to the correct Atomic/Pagely DNS. Interim contact with Bodis said they were not the source of the problem, but that the site had been banned by an upstream provider and was getting redirected to secondary channels (or something to that effect). So I called Moniker, and they denied it was on their side. However, a buddy of mine took a look at some sort of online analysis and said things looked very confusing with it. Also, when pulling up that site on my iPhone, it still goes through the whole redirection, even after clearing of cache and cookies, though about 6 other friends say they access it fine.

Now, back to TimeReview.com... Why is it doing the same kind of redirect? I have not edited the DNS designations in Moniker for many months if not years. What is causing this?

Ahhhhhhhhgggggg!

Domain summit 2024

panterrasbox

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IceDude - thanks for sharing the link. Unfortunately I cannot access the information links on the page at this time, probably due to the antiquated PC and browser I'm limited to due to extensive family+vacation+technology configuration considerations. Suffice it to say I must be experiencing the Internet the way our grandparents did back in their day (another story).

In reasonably assuming then that this redirecting goings-on with Sedo is by design, I must confess I find it unpleasant and confusing to see up to 5 or 6 different domain names pop up in my browser's address field during the redirection. Sometimes it stops on pizzahut.com, sometimes a health info site, sometimes bidsystem.com, and sometimes a "virus infection" notification message site, and often Blinkx.com.

Since my original post, I have noticed the same situation of redirection for another domain of mine parked at Sedo. So, this jibes with what you are indicating about it being normal there. Thank you again.

It has been a long time since I have managed my parked sites in Sedo, so I guess it time for me to go through them all and see what all has changed and figure out what I want to do.

In some cases such as BidSystem, I have seen related posts on the Internet about it being due to a browser infection. Does anyone know any details about this?

Any thoughts or opinions on Parking are certainly welcome.

Regards

Embrand

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a name parked at Sedo that was beginning to get a lot of traffic from China (about 150 hits daily), when suddenly yesterday it seems the IP/DNS had been hijacked.

Even though the name servers were ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com as usual, when typing in the URL, you were redirected to some kind of spam site and maybe even malware.

These days Sedo don't seem to answer support questions at all, so not 100 percent sure it is their fault (don't know a lot about how this kind of hijacking thing works). But since they don't offer DNSSEC as far as I know, I have chosen to forward the domain directly to the for sale page at Sedo for the moment.

Not the same problem as you are encountering, but definitely some strange things going on right now...

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing strange going on, if you do not want your domain to be redirected directly to the advertisers site just contact Sedo customer service and ask them to disable the feature.

I have never had a problem with Sedo customer service. They seem to respond to inquiries in less than 24 hours, but anyhow, have it removed or switch to another parking company. If the domain is not getting much revenue, I would just leave at Sedo for the discount on commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators