• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Hey Stupid, I Have Your .Net - I'm Trying to GIVE it to You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundrstack

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,376
Reaction score
354
So, this unnamed big deal organization forgot to register the .net version of their domain name. I've been talking back and forth with them the past month trying to hand over their domain name to them. They didn't ask, I just offered; trying to be nice.

It's almost like they are skeptical of my offer. I've offered it back to them for free and I can't get them to take it lol. I just thought it was ironic. Usually people have the opposite problem.

:mmph:
 
Well even more ironic is I got a reply shortly after posting this thread. Turns out they deal with cybersquatting all the time and found it easier to just allow them to have the domains. But, I'm not keeping to domain to avoid a lawsuit.

I'll post the domain once everything is transferred over.
 
I applaud your actions - but seriously why bother?
 
the library system for the area I grew up has a horrible domain which is obviously because some took the good and 100% natural domain name once upon a time.


I bought the good name in a snap auction last year and bid $120 or so (over vaxis) to get the name.

Out of the goodness of my heart I emailed the library system, told them I had the A1 name and said i wanted to give it to them. they said no thanks.....i said "i understand you don't want to change your address, but at least take the name so someone doesn't point it to a porn site". again they said, no thanks. So i put up a page on the domain saying "i tried to give this domain to the xyz library system but they didn't want it"

no good deed goes unpunished i guess.
 
BLazeD said:
I applaud your actions - but seriously why bother?

I'd rather spend a few dollars and time trying to transfer a trademarked domain to the rightful owner than spending my time and money trying to fight them off if they ever change their mind. :fencing:

It's too bad because it got great click through rates and natural traffic.

I guess I just believe in karma. :drama:
 
Next time you might as well transfer it to me :becky:
 
that's a weird story. If they refuse to take it feel free to contact me ;)
 
This is not unusual. I attempted to let a good-sized company know their dot com was available. Not interested. So, I won't bother doing it again. Tired of trying to be nice to some people.

Clueless. The lot of them.
 
Why don't you just use it?
But, keep all emails between you and the co.

If something happens, you can show emails.
These emails will prove you tried to give it to them, but, they didn't want it?

Then, you can ask for $ you used to develop the domain since they didn't want it.

Won't this work?
 
gmac17 said:
So i put up a page on the domain saying "i tried to give this domain to the xyz library system but they didn't want it"

:pound: :pound: :pound:
 
Well, they said they would transfer the domain. I've waited over a week and nothing on my end.....so....I guess I'm going to hang on to it.

BTW, the domain I'm referring to is High IQ Society dot net.

Yes, I know what you're thinking and I thought the same thing! If you visit the .com or .org version, look at their html source :D
 
When in doubt, if it's too good to be true it probley is .. I go by that rule every day, so what should make a big company and different . .
 
POLiSH said:
When in doubt, if it's too good to be true it probley is .. I go by that rule every day, so what should make a big company and different . .

By now, bunch of pencil pushers on their conference table trying to
figure out "what's this guys angle?".
Pulling their hair out :-)
 
I'd have offered it to MENSA already...
 
meganerd said:
If you visit the .com or .org version, look at their html source :D

LOL, I guess when you have such a high IQ, it's neccessary to comment every single tag on your HTML page, because your mind is taken up with far more important stuff than what the TITLE and BODY tags are for... :first:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom