Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am absolutely baffled by this scenario.

I am transferring out my domains at Moniker.

During the transfer process, I noticed that I was not getting auth code on one certain domain.
When I looked at the admin contact, it was not my email. Therefore, I was not getting the auth code.

But wait...there's more!

When I did a WHOIS search, the information is listed as being with Enom.
Plus, all the WHOIS data is in someone else's name, business, and country.
How is this possible???

This name is in my Moniker account. It is coming up soon as needing renewed or transferred.

How can a name in my account appear with someone else's WHOIS data, a different contact, a different name, a different country but most of all, at another registry?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did ya double check to make sure not a typo/misspelling of your domain, showing at enom?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a domain you bought from someone, or at auction ? Maybe it was pushed to you, but the contacts were not updated.
Perhaps you can 'force' the update from your control panel.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a domain you bought from someone, or at auction ? Maybe it was pushed to you, but the contacts were not updated.
Perhaps you can 'force' the update from your control panel.
Thanks for the tip. I have tried to force the update by updating WHOIS and contacts in the dashboard. No luck.
Of course, I entered a work ticket. I might as well make the prediction of NO LUCK regarding that effort.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the domain?
Where/when/how did you buy it?
This is a handreg, several years ago. It is an exact match search term that does get natural traffic and PPC.

I am reluctant to post the name until this works itself out. I do not (at this point) want to accuse someone of theft if there is something messed up.

It is so damn odd to see this name in my account with someone else's data. I can not transfer the name because the contact information and auth codes are going to someone else.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can a name in my account appear with someone else's WHOIS data, a different contact, a different name, a different country but most of all, at another registry?

Moniker's database could be out of sync with the registry. If it's a .COM, verify which registrar actually holds the name. If it's eNom, you're out of luck. http://www.internic.net/whois.html

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems I was able to "force change" the WHOIS information that someone had suggested (Thanks Katherine!) after several attempts from inside my moniker dashboard.

I will monitor this to see if the name WHOIS reverts back to that Enom account. If it does then I will definitely have an issue with someone who is attempting to highjack the name. They had even redirected parking to nameservers that I do not use.

I have never seen this happen before. But nothing surprises me since they made their changes. Moniker single handily got all my name off top pages of google when they updated their system but nameservers were not resolving for well over a week. Moniker can lick monkey balls for all I care. Now I am struggling to get re-ranked. Their changes cost me thousands in lost revenue from the outage and subsequent de-listing/de-ranking.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely scenario is that the domain was not a handreg and was bought at a snapnames auction, you may just be confused due to volume of names.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely scenario is that the domain was not a handreg and was bought at a snapnames auction, you may just be confused due to volume of names.
Absolutely sure it was a hand reg, one that I have owned for over 10 years. Some things I don't forget. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom