• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How accurate is Overture

Status
Not open for further replies.

nniguy

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

How accurate is overture as far as name with extension results. I am looking at a name that has an overture score of 1013 with extension. Will it likely get decent traffic?

Thanks
 
I will give it a try :)
 
its a nice indicator of traffic most of the times.
 
i recently registres a name with 1300 OVT with ext but traffic wise it is not that much. doesn't get traffic. may be 2 or 3 uniques a day.

so carefull as OVT can be faked. best thing to do register names where u are allowed to drop them and get some of ur money.
 
nniguy said:
Hi everyone,

How accurate is overture as far as name with extension results. I am looking at a name that has an overture score of 1013 with extension. Will it likely get decent traffic?

Thanks
It sounds good. However I have names with OVT >1000 and very little traffic. OVT is only one factor among others.
High OVT does not mean high traffic or type-in. Even without the traffic the name could be worth something though. Do some domain tasting if unsure :cheeky:
 
Overture is already a good indication for traffic. With this high score, I would definetly register the domain. In case you don't want to register the domain, let me know I will register it and share the profit ;-)
 
Overture doesnt mean that much.. it can be manipulated.. sure it will tell you if a domain receives some traffic.. but dont rely solely on ovt with extension when registering, do more research.
 
I use OVT as a general indicator of search interest. Often low search terms will still generate sizable bids. Rarely do I type in a domain with extension as that's typically going in the address bar anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom