• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How did googles do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone......

I noticed that when I check my gmail, is has this in the url gmail.google.com.

How does google get the gmail.google.com, you can not reg a domain like that. Every time I tried looking for one like it, at would cut off gmail. and only check on google.com.

So I just got to know how google got gmail.google.com, if anyone knows how they can do that. Thanks! Tim
 
They bought it here on DNF for a lot of $$$
.
.
.
:)
 
Hi its called a subdomain. You can use one with your webhost.
 
I have a hosting WHM/CPanel resellers account, can I do it my self with my own domain. By just adding it as a subdomain ?

Like with dotscorp.com, can I add helpdesk.dotcorp.com as a subdomain ?

Can I also make stuff on a web page, at that url ?

If I can, that is way to cool. :)
 
tas38 said:
I have a hosting WHM/CPanel resellers account, can I do it my self with my own domain. By just adding it as a subdomain ?

Like with dotscorp.com, can I add helpdesk.dotcorp.com as a subdomain ?

Can I also make stuff on a web page, at that url ?

If I can, that is way to cool. :)

yes, you can do that and much more. :gossip:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_domain
 
WOW Thanks!

For the info and link, I never know you could do that. That is pretty cool, that will help me a lot. :)
 
tas38 said:
WOW Thanks!

For the info and link, I never know you could do that. That is pretty cool, that will help me a lot. :)

your welcome... and you know, best part is --- it's FREE! and you can setup as many as you want. :thumb:
 
If you have WHM you can add into DNS: CNAME * dotcorp.com and it will resolve *.dotcorp.com (* means anything you want)
 
mike031 said:
your welcome... and you know, best part is --- it's FREE! and you can setup as many as you want. :thumb:

well, as much as your hosting allows :)
 
I got unlimited subdomains, 20 GB of space and 200 GB of w/b. I'll have to try it out, I even got unlimited domains as well. :)
 
I got unlimited subdomains

Yes but you need to ad all subdomains manufally. Cpanel does not allow wildcards...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom