Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do I pay with paypal at godaddy without signing up for pre-approved payments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I want is to make a simple one time paypal payment and godaddy's website is driving me crazy. I put any item on my shopping cart. Then I go to checkout and chose paypal. Godaddy redirects me to a paypal page where I sign-in with my paypal password. The page that appears is a pre-approved payment agreement. This means they can take anytime, any amounth of money from my paypal account without asking me. I don't want this. There is to much security risk involved.

I want to make a simple one time payment. Can I?

Godaddy, you are full of crap.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, after you have bought what you want go into your paypal account >> Profile >> Preapproved Payments

Here will be your so called 'agreement' with Godaddy

Click on 'Go Daddy Software, Inc' and hit 'Cancel Agreement'

Pain in the ass but that will cancel your agreement with them....

EDIT: On the next page there is a box for you to send them a comment as to wy you canceled it....

Maybe you want to explain that you'd rather not be tied to an agreement ... In a nice way of course .... ;)

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
use a paypal debit card

sukantab

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raise a claim against godaddy in paypal, if you think godaddy cheated you.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For all their faults I doubt they stole money from your account.
You enter into an agreement with them when you pay with paypal giving them the right to deduct money from your paypal at various intervals.

See my post above on how to avoid them taking money from your paypal in the future.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mulligan,

You are wrong. Godaddy is misleading costumers. You add an item in your cart. Then you go to checkout. It says pay with paypal.

At this stage almost all people naturally think they are going to paypal's website to make a payment. But this is not true. You go to paypal's website to give Godaddy open access to your money.

When I checked my paypal in detail I saw £500 limit for godaddy.

On the other hand I thank you for the info on how to cancel it.

playpics

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mulligan,

You are wrong. Godaddy is misleading costumers. You add an item in your cart. Then you go to checkout. It says pay with paypal.

At this stage almost all people naturally think they are going to paypal's website to make a payment. But this is not true. You go to paypal's website to give Godaddy open access to your money.

that's what exactly happened to my paypal.
there were lots of people did not understand me, they said to me that because i inputed the password, then Godaddy got the payment. that's wrong. I did not do anything, the money just went to Godaddy's paypal account.
Now Godaddy is answering my email, this makes me feel much better rather than no e-mails.
:)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You all worry too much. Pay with Paypal and cancel the agreement. They are not going to go into your account unless they have a reason too i.e.) renewals, fees for penalties such as legal complaint, wrong whois, etc.

playpics

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried to cancle it, but it showed me I am not able to cancle it.
I can even bring you the screenshot if you do not believe what i am saying.

and there are options for cancelling it,
if i am going to cancel paypal, then i need to input my credit card, or check info, or another paypal account ....

I can not make a clear cancel, you got it?

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello jdk,

The other guy who posted before you (playpics) has just lost 387 usd because he didn't know godaddy had access to his money without permission.
I think there is a little more than just a worry. Obviously they are misleading people on setting pre-approved payments. I knew the issue because I'm too fussy on details and I started questioning what pre-approved payments mean.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or better yet use namecheap or dynadot so you don't have to worry about pre-approved payment :smilewinkgrin:

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mulligan,

Much as I dont like Godaddy you did actually agree to let them set up a $500 per month pre approved agreement to withdraw funds from your paypal account.
Here is where you actually do it, after you "Return to Merchant"

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3398/gdjn5.jpg

The thing is, people rarely read the terms of service, this is where you fall down.

Another thing, if you dont bother to switch off the auto renew in your control panel they will take the price of renewal from your paypal account ... Why? Because you agreed to let them ...

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi mulligan,
Yes, you are right. People don't read all the details. Especially they don't do when they think they know what they are doing. When you make a payment you normally think that you are making a payment. Leaving checkout, going to paypal and filling username-password is something that we all have done so many times. When you see the paypal page you think, "Oh, yeah. I know what this is. I'm not newbie. I make paypal payments all the time."

In theory we agree to it and therefore they take the money but in reality they trick you.

GD is like a rapist who is looking for every opportunity to make an attempt. You have to watch out all the time.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auto renewals and extras will do it with a PayPal pre-approved account. Do as suggested above and cancel the arrangement once you've paid, or if there are problems with that, find a friend on here that you trust and have them pay GoDaddy using their credit card, and then reimburse them thru PayPal.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is just another way for them to get money out of you.
Think about all the people who dont cancel the agreement and cancel the auto renew in their GD account, adds up to a lot of money every year.

Technically not illegal but damn sneaky

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is just another way for them to get money out of you.
Think about all the people who dont cancel the agreement and cancel the auto renew in their GD account, adds up to a lot of money every year.

Technically not illegal but damn sneaky
Well, quite. Almost. READ what you're signing up for.

Caveat emptor.

playpics

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys, :) Godaddy is really professional.
I have also found out that it is easy to cancel the agreement if you want to cancel.
My issue has been solved and I have agreement with Godaddy and my money is going to be refunded as well. :D thanx for your help. Because I have contact Mr. Ruiz, he is a really excellent manager! and great thanx to Mr. Ruiz.

I do recommend people use Godaddy especially as this issue is solved with Godaddy. :D see you guys!
Good luck, and I am going to update my other threads.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PayPal made these billing agreements a lot more cryptic to cancel, but I finally found it.

Go to "Profile" (on the word itself, none of the options in the pulldown menu) --> "Pay List". From there, Godaddy should be listed. Explore a little and an option to cancel should be visible.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom