• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How Do I Price A Site Making 10,000+ monthly from commissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c39b7

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
How should I price my pharmacy-sales and weight loss forum site that
makes $10,000-$14,000 per month?
 
10-14K net?..
 
Why..... are you selling it? Unless you get a million dollar offer I don't see why it would even matter. If something makes that much why sell it?
 
Abraham said:
i ask again what do you mean, net or?

He means if the amount is Net or gross
for net income u have to subtract the advertisement costs and other over head costs as well.
Learned it in Economics long time ago :-)
 
It makes 10,000+ profit monthly... the only cost is my $7 hosting.
I worked really hard on this site using non-advertising methods
like article distribution etc. I don't buy any links either and
don't use PPC.

I just don't have time for it anymore as it's a forum and I can't
keep on moderating it because I have a new job as web marketing
director at a large company, and I need to focus solely on that
project to do my best.

I really want to sell this site but I'm not letting it go cheap.
 
you said you work a lot on it and you don't buy links and don't use PPC.

Are you sure that the commission level can keep constant? If so you can get 60-120 times the monthly revenue.
 
I'm impressed.

You started the website one year ago and you turned a $ 7.00 domain
into a $ 10,000 a month domain.

I see that you have it for sale at afternic for $ 64,000.

Having a part-time job of managing the forum for $ 120,000 a year
is the exception to the rule.

However, the big question is -
Maybe, it made $ 10,000 last month. But, how much has it made
in the past 6 months?

With those kind of numbers, you should not have any difficulty selling it.
 
Thanks, ActNow.

Wow... I don't have it on sale for 64k... that price is random I think.
I put no asking price and no reserve, and my min. offer was 400k.

Why would it say 64k on there? :(

Anyway, profit for past 6 months is ~$47,000 (revenue is $47,450.31)
Profit for past 12 months is about ~$55,000 so you can see it has
been growing exponentially since late 2005.

Any ideas, guys? I've never sold a big site before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom