• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How do you complete the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Lately, I am having difficulty COMPLETING the sales.

I thought I sold few names to enduser during last 3 weeks.
1. $500
2. $750
3. $1K
4. $2K
5. $12.5K

All 5 buyers started escrow.com process, but, payments are
either not made or made, but, not confirmed by escrow.com

What the hell is going on with enduser sales?
What am I doing wrong or NOT doing:?:

Perhaps I better start adding following line on all email reply?
"Term:Offer valid only when full amount is confirmed by escrow.com
within 72 hours"

On the other hand, I have no problem selling on the forum and all
transactions are completed within few hours although I only get
about 10%:disappointed: of enduser domain values.
 
1. You should always start the escrow process.
2. Call support at Escrow.com
 
1. You should always start the escrow process.
2. Call support at Escrow.com
Thanks for reply ;)
1. They already started the process.
Yes, I think I will start the process from now on.
2. What would that accomplish?
I know couple of them used credit card to pay, but, fail to fax in signed
form that escrow.com require when you use credit card.

I never had problem selling to enduser until lately.
Could this be caused by bad economy?
Like, they really want that domain, but, little tight with money?
Or, because tax season is coming?
 
Whats the hold up? If they dont accept the escrow transaction within 24 hours I just cancel it and move on and I always start the transaction. Also, it helps to have a contact at escrow. If you have a payment that you're waiting on drop me a PM and I may be able to help.
 
Whats the hold up? If they dont accept the escrow transaction within 24 hours
I just cancel it and move on and I always start the transaction.
Escrow.com page within my acct. says...
"There is nothing further for you to do at this time".
I don't remember seeing "cancel" option?

What would happen to escrow fee if I can cancel?
All my escrow.com processes are set with buyer pay 100% of escrow fee.
I thought escrow.com will collect fee when both party (seller/buyer)agree
on terms and cancel, right?
In this case, buyer have to pay fee, right?
I wouldn't be hit with fee if I cancel?
Also, it helps to have a contact at escrow. If you have a payment
that you're waiting on drop me a PM and I may be able to help.
I appreciate that, but, what can he/she do when buyer do not send payment
or do not send in signed form for credit card purchase?
 
When I create the escrow transaction I can cancel it if they don't accept the transaction and no one pays fees. If you're waiting on a wire transfer I can have it approved within hours instead of days...is what I meant.
 
I think you should talk to escrow.com before cancelling any transaction.

Sometimes it takes a little time to confirm payment, specially via cc.

Plus one needs to fax in all sorts of documents, specially if your not in the US.
 
When I create the escrow transaction I can cancel it if they don't accept the transaction and no one pays fees. If you're waiting on a wire transfer I can have it approved within hours instead of days...is what I meant.
So, there will be button to cancel (if I create the escrow) when buyer do not send $ in agreed time?
Where do I put that term? I remember seeing "Note" section at the bottom
of the page.

I think you should talk to escrow.com before cancelling any transaction.

Sometimes it takes a little time to confirm payment, specially via cc.

Plus one needs to fax in all sorts of documents, specially if your not in the US.
Ditto ;)
Two buyers are from other countries.
One from UAE and other from UK.
Both are web site development firm.
 
Call on the buyers on the phone, close the deal verbally. Express to them your need to finalize or cancel this deal.
 
I find this discussion interesting, though I guess it's no fun for Copper. If Copper had put something in the sales material or criteria to the effect that the deal must be closed in X days, would this cover it? Or is this allowed?
 
I have done escrow deals with payments from Canada, Australia, etc...wires take up to 10 days sometimes due to intermediary banks...it all depends...COMMUNICATION is key here and remember everything in the corporate world is not RIGHT NOW, things take time...just relax smoke a joint and think positive :ok:
 
I have done escrow deals with payments from Canada, Australia, etc...wires take up to 10 days sometimes due to intermediary banks...it all depends...COMMUNICATION is key here and remember everything in the corporate world is not RIGHT NOW, things take time...just relax smoke a joint and think positive :ok:
Up to 10 days, huh?
Didn't know that :)
 
I wired Money last Thursday and escrow had it in their account first thing Monday so 3 working days although my bank said it could take a maximum of 5 working days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom