Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do you get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how do you get paid when you sell a website for, lets say, $2,500? Do you use paypal, or another service? I am going to sell one of my sites and expect a few thousand for it, but I have no idea on how can I get paid. I live outside the USA, so a check would cost me hundreds of dollars to cash at a bank.

Any tips will be apreciated.

Thanks

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow.com seems popular

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup, but they send a check...

Has anyone here sold a hugh priced website using paypal? I'veheard so many nightmare stories about accounts getting frozen...
If you were buying a website, and the seller asked to get paid by paypal, and wait a couple of days to get the chance to transfer the money to the bank, would you do it? That way I could protect myself from getting my account frozen, or having a chargeback. Paypal doens't seem to like payment for virtual thingslike a website or a domain, if someone does a chargeback, it is almost impossible to satisfy paypal and prove that you did send the domain or website to the new owner.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Myself I would rather spend a couple hundred then risk getting nothing b/c of a chargeback or my account frozen. Especially if you are selling for a couple thousand for the sale. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators