Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom How does enom get away with charging 30 bucks per domain?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of names at enom that I got via backorder before they joined up with NS, I noticed a bunch were auto renewed at 30 bucks a piece. How do they get away with this when they advertise 7.99 per domain elsewhere?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you register them they are cheaper than the renewal fee. I think if you register with their site, your normal "retail" account is $30/yr. You have to sign up under someone for a reseller $7.95 or $8.95 account. I'd make a post asking for a $7.95 or $8.95 (I think they went up $0.30 b/c of ICANN fee) and people will send you a link to sign up for an Enom reseller account under their price structure. You can then push the names to your reseller account and get the cheaper renewal.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you register them they are cheaper than the renewal fee. I think if you register with their site, your normal "retail" account is $30/yr. You have to sign up under someone for a reseller $7.95 or $8.95 account. I'd make a post asking for a $7.95 or $8.95 (I think they went up $0.30 b/c of ICANN fee) and people will send you a link to sign up for an Enom reseller account under their price structure. You can then push the names to your reseller account and get the cheaper renewal.

I see. Well I am just going to move my names away from enom as they have already fleeced me at 30 bucks a pop for 8 names, I am not interested in giving them any more money. I just can't believe that anyone besides NS still charges that much.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see. Well I am just going to move my names away from enom as they have already fleeced me at 30 bucks a pop for 8 names, I am not interested in giving them any more money. I just can't believe that anyone besides NS still charges that much.

As an FYI, I have a few names at netsol that I have been able to negotiate the renewal fee down to $9.00...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an FYI, I have a few names at netsol that I have been able to negotiate the renewal fee down to $9.00...

I had got them down to $7.95 but I still transferred them to enom.

to DomainsInc:

you need to get you a reseller account at enom.
no way you should have been paying $29.95 for reg fee's

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The choice is yours. I have mine at Moniker, but just because you didn't realize the renewal fee doesn't mean it is their fault. Best of luck wherever you decide to house your names.

Sometimes I forget to uncheck autorenew for names I just register to test around with and I am forced to pay another renewal fee. I know it was my oversight and do not take it out on the registrar; HOWEVER, when a registrar raises a price and does not tell you about it, is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom