• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many hours a day do you spend domaining? Ever go 24 hours straight? 48?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
8,934
Reaction score
245
Just wondering who are the total domain addicts that sit here and refresh the "Today's Post" link like me looking for good deals to pop up so I can snag them first, or log-in and check your PPC stats all day (including from your cellphone) ...not to mention watching all the drop auctions so you don't miss another good one that nobody bid on you thought was gonna go for x,xxx and sold for like $91, lol

So, how much of your day (and night) is spent on the computer domaining?

How often does your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/gimp/favorite stripper complain that you are glued to the computer?

Ever feel like you are a space cadet from being online all day and night while you ignore cellphone calls from your friends that are out doing things all day but you just woke up at like 5 in the afternoon and need to go online, check your emails, check DNF, check stats, finish escrow, send that paypal payment...check your bank accounts, order food...register typos...

Ok, well..as you can probably tell..I need some sleep :sleep:

So, what is your domaining schedule like? :smile:
 
Focus!!!!....LOL....24/7 BABY!!!....i am an addict...i admit it!!.....we should start a DNAA chapter!!! (Domain Name Addicts Anonymous).....my wife thinks i'm nuts......i go to bed everynite at 2-3am...and up at 6am.....and i dont take any afternoon naps like u!!...lol.....

ps- where are those names u promised from yesterday???......(autoshiftbikes.com)

i regged caribbeanholidaycruises.com (based on your info)- what u think?
 
You should never ever go 48 hours domaining. This leads to bad purchases!
 
doublepost...sorry...button gets stuck
 
Focus!!!!....LOL....24/7 BABY!!!....i am an addict...i admit it!!.....we should start a DNAA chapter!!! (Domain Name Addicts Anonymous).....my wife thinks i'm nuts......i go to bed everynite at 2-3am...and up at 6am.....and i dont take any afternoon naps like u!!...lol.....

ps- where are those names u promised from yesterday???......(autoshiftbikes.com)

i regged caribbeanholidaycruises.com (based on your info)- what u think?


CaribbeanHolidayCruises.com - 705 ovt searches (which means at least the same in google if not more)...nice...it might get type-ins...even if it only get's 20-30 a month it could still make $10-$20+ per month with good generic travel/cruise clicks...alot of people click more than once with stuff like this..good job! ;)

Now, go park it at parked.com and put the exact term in the title of the parking page "Caribbean Holiday Cruises" and maybe with a comma after and "cruise, travel, vacations" and edit the domain title to the exact phrase also instead of the url with .com on the end and in about a week or so it will get indexed in google and you should rank very high for the search results..this way you pick up search engine traffic along with your type-ins...for some reason my domains with parked always end up on the first or second page of google when done this way...but it seems to work best with brand new registrations for various reasons..PM me and I can show you examples..if you need a parked account..look down! :cool:

update: I just looked at it..you already have it at parked..lol, duh!
 
2 -3 hours at night ...no more no less....i need my rest
 
I got really addicted to it around Christmas time, I spent most days searching through the auctions and daily drops. It got to the stage where I was getting carried away on the Snaps and maxed out all of my credit cards so I had to give it a break, I've struck more of a balance these days although there seem to be less bargains around on the Snaps these days... :( I still check my parking schemes several times each day though, it's almost as bad as when I've got eBay auctions running!
 
CaribbeanHolidayCruises.com - 705 ovt searches (which means at least the same in google if not more)...nice...it might get type-ins...even if it only get's 20-30 a month it could still make $10-$20+ per month with good generic travel/cruise clicks...alot of people click more than once with stuff like this..good job! ;)

Now, go park it at parked.com and put the exact term in the title of the parking page "Caribbean Holiday Cruises" and maybe with a comma after and "cruise, travel, vacations" and edit the domain title to the exact phrase also instead of the url with .com on the end and in about a week or so it will get indexed in google and you should rank very high for the search results..this way you pick up search engine traffic along with your type-ins...for some reason my domains with parked always end up on the first or second page of google when done this way...but it seems to work best with brand new registrations for various reasons..PM me and I can show you examples..if you need a parked account..look down! :cool:

update: I just looked at it..you already have it at parked..lol, duh!

thanks Focus!!.....i also regged some others that I Pm'ed you on......tony..:)
 
depends on what I have going on in the web world. I can leave it for days, but then something I have going on just keeps bouncing around in my head so ill pop online and work on that as long as I am interested, it could be weeks before thats over lol.
 
it might get type-ins...even if it only get's 20-30 a month it could still make $10-$20+ per month with good generic travel/cruise clicks...alot of people click more than once with stuff like this..good job! ;)

fat chance but no harm in wishful thinking :ok:

How many hours a day do you spend domaining? Ever go 24 hours straight? 48?

1 hour max per day. The rest of the time i'm here and there or just daydreaming.
 
whoa...fat chance?...why u say that?....crystal ball told u to say so?..:)

i wish you the best of luck but experience tells me those domains would be lucky with 5-10 hits per month. Long term the name may sell to an end user, at the moment it has very little typo potential. :)
 
I never stop domaining... I've even domained in my dreams.... I can't eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup without seeing a name I want to reg or buy.
 
my favorite stripper complains all the time, says I'm not paying her enough attention :D
 
Well, this is my Full-Time job, so I work from 6am until 4:30pm until the wife gets home. Then back on from time to time checking emails, posts etc.

I use to check stats a couple times a day, but that takes time, so that is now cut down to once per day or two.

40% of my day is spent searching thru drop lists using several services.
Another 30% of my day is making posts at forums buying and selling domains. 20% spent on going thru Whois and contacting owners of domains that I want. With the following 10% bidding on domains at auction, parking new domains and adding and removing domains from my personal site.

Added: I forgot, when I got to sleep, I dream BonkersTwo, Vaxis and SaggyDimes all got Banned from Snap!
 
From the time i get up until i head to bed. Of course i work most from 8am-6pm and try not to do too much after that unless something urgent comes up. The girlfriend really hates me spending all my time and money on buying 'stupid names' and sometimes this business can be really stressful when you only have so much money to spend but in the end i enjoy it when things go well.
 
Well, this is my Full-Time job, so I work from 6am until 4:30pm until the wife gets home. Then back on from time to time checking emails, posts etc.

I use to check stats a couple times a day, but that takes time, so that is now cut down to once per day or two.

40% of my day is spent searching thru drop lists using several services.
Another 30% of my day is making posts at forums buying and selling domains. 20% spent on going thru Whois and contacting owners of domains that I want. With the following 10% bidding on domains at auction, parking new domains and adding and removing domains from my personal site.

Added: I forgot, when I got to sleep, I dream BonkersTwo, Vaxis and SaggyDimes all got Banned from Snap!

full-time huh??...are your sites all parked?...do u develop any?

just curious
 
Added: I forgot, when I got to sleep, I dream BonkersTwo, Vaxis and SaggyDimes all got Banned from Snap!

haha that's my list too :lol:


Well, for me domaining is not the main occupation, I do SEO stuff and develop my sites full time, but been lured into the domain market lately, mostly investing now
 
I just typed in caribbeanholidaycruises.com in my browser and it seems that it is banned or something, really weird, didn't you just register that one today?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom