Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How many .info's id you get (how many did u get mole?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How many .infos did everyone get. I had 73 applications for 45 names and struck out. How did everyone else do?

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
squat cation :dead:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anion
How many .infos did everyone get. I had 73 applications for 45 names and struck out. How did everyone else do?

I was a very active participant in both .info LR1 (ugg, darn Sunrise squatters took our lunch!) and LR2 (still lots of insider, non-public things going on, but at least some chance for those who played by the rules). I worked especially hard to track when first-come, first-serve lists came on line and put up a couple thousand in refundable pre-pays. Sought around 10 relatively high-level names... hoped to get and develop a couple if lucky in the round robin. I got three and have developed something for all three -- but not yet able to change domain name servers for two of them to make them active at primary address (still tied up somewhere between Afilias and registrar). I would say that I was probably in around the top 50 public registrants (those who did not use private, closed registrar lists or other such stuff) in terms of LR2 results. With all the closed lists and stuff, the odds were not good, but greater than zero which was pretty much the case in LR1. If there had not been registrar lists that were closed to the public, probably would have received more. I hope that all the insider registrations are developed or sold to someone who will develop them relatively soon or they will be shooting themselves in the foot. For my two cents, i think that enlightened self-interest will cause sale or development.

-----------------------------------------

Update: was just able to change DNS, so this one is now online:

http://www.Physician.info

I do not have great web-design skills, but this is good, state-specific content that will help people find (information on) physicians in the 50 states and several countries. I think that when/if many of the good generic .INFOs led to actual information, then the extension will/would grow in use.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomeBase, that's awesome that you got three you wanted! And especially that you've already got content there. I love seeing something of value at a site instead of a futurehome page, error page, or PPC site. I really like the .info extension and hope it gains a lot in popularity. Still waiting for .web, though.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started tracking them on 7/16, up from 788,000 to 901,000 since then. Long way to catch .org at 24,900,00... but....

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
14% since 7/16? That's a lot! Guess I should get kicking on a couple of mine and add them to the pile.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great site!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic
Great site!

Thanks Nic! Always good to get compliments from a CEO. (Are you behaving yourself with the accounting treatment of those NIC options? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators