Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

How three popular web hosting affiliate programs shirk from paying commissions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had a suspicion for years that web hosting aff programs do not play the game very fair and I've managed to gather some evidence recently. You can read the full web hosting affiliate program research but what I've found in brief is that BlueHost often replace the cookie in the browser of the potential client with their own, FatCow remove your commission from your CJ account after they initially show it with some vague excuses and HostGator simply do not bother to list your commission at all unless you try to claim it. Apparently, this does not happen with every sale but it should happen quite a lot since most of my experience shows commissions (for referrals in good standing) are not actually paid to the affiliate partners of these hosting companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom