Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to become a qualified reseller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know this question might be pretty big, so I'd like to constrict it to: how much fund (for the initial year) and what kind of technical capabilities one should acquire before he or she can resell registration services adequately?

Domain summit 2024

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny, I thought it was a simple question?! :confused:

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alia,

If you set up a reseller account through eNom.com, which I can do for you, and spend about $110.00 USD per year, which includes everything, you could have a PDQ website that you can promote anyway that you like.

With an eNom.com reseller account, you can also use something called the DRAMS system, which some people like better than the PDQ, because it is customizable, but it is more complicated to set up and operate. The PDQ system is SIMPLE.

Also, people say that the eNom.com PDQ is boring , because they all look alike. This is partly true. They all use the same type of interface, but with custom colors and your own graphics / logo and text, you can make a PDQ your own.

I operate www.CentralName.com and I promote it to my friends and people that I meet. Slowly, registrations are beginning to come in. My PDQ is only a few months old.

I hope that this is ( somewhat ) clear.

quack :D

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you duck, do I have to know about PHP or MySQL or something like that to install and maintain the PDQ or DRAMS?

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the DRAMS system installed in the background on www.NameMiner.com, but I do not have it working yet, because there are things that need to be done that take time. The DRAMS support people are TERRIFIC and QUICK, but time is scarce for me. You can pay the DRAMS people for installation and additional support. They will even interface your design with their design, but again - Time.

The www.CentralName.com PDQ, on the other hand took about 1 hour, including time to make my cookie logo, and I was done - finished - operational.

For me, the most important difference / issue is that with the DRAMS system, you can have resellers sign up directly. Not so with the PDQ, although you could use text to invite your customers to inquire about a PDQ web site of their own and then set them up under your account.

Your best bet is to try and find a $6.95 eNom.com reseller account, if there are any for sale anymore? Maybe on www.eBay.com? Search for 'enom'.

More questions?

quack :D

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your time Duck, what I'm concerned most is the "yes" part, I need to maintain my site all by myself, and I can handle the HTML tags only.

The installation is an one time headache, but maintenance is quite different, I guess I'd better start learning some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators