Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How To Catch A Dropping Domain?

zip

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

There's a domain expiring in the next few days. Registered with Network Solutions and hidden with Perfect Privacy. Is there any guaranteed way of acquiring it or my chances of that are a full fat zero?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

Vinexa

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I like to do is backorder the domain with NameJet first, then SnapNames second...I might even try a less popular drop catcher like DomainMonster or Hexonet for a 3rd option just in case the domain name doesnt go to the other auction houses.

I cant give much insight on using Godaddy's services.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It should be made available as prerelease at namejet first.

zip

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Out of curiosity, does NameJet have a contract with Network Solutions to pick up every domain there is? Or how does the process work please?

zip

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameJet is part of Network Solutions. Thanks all!

I followed the advices and registered myself with all 3 above mentioned drop catchers. Just a quick question for those in the know.

A domain I'm after has been marked "Pre-Release" on NameJet.

Q1. Say I chuck a bid on it, how much should I consider bidding? What it's worth to me or the minimum $69? Or shall I wait till the last day and bid? Again, how much?

Q2. Say, I bid $69 and nobody else bids. What happens at the end of the "Pre-Release" period? It becomes mine or...?

Thanks.

Dushan Savich

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on the domain itself. Without knowing the specifics on the domain its hard to tell how many potential other bidders there might be. The best way to tell is to wait for the day the domain drops and then find like 30 min before the bidding closes, see how many, if any, other bidders there are for the domain. You do not want to put a bid in too soon, as not to potentially steer attention of other bidders to the domain name.

Nazzz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems DropCatch success rate is increasing by the week. You should check them out.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are we talking a really competitive domain? Or, one you don't think many other people will be backordering?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators