• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to: IDN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
How do I get the idn version and not the puny code version of an IDN domain to show in the adress bar.

As I understand it I have to use the punycode version in WHM when I setup the acount. is this right?
 
Not sure i understand correclty....
In IE7 your IDN shows as is. in Mozzila its shows as Puny... not much u can do about it.
WHM?
 
Ok: I'm using Firefox so that might explain my problem. (and yes i think you understood it correctly)

WHM = WebHost manager, a software used on some/many dedicated serves for setting up accounts etc.
 
As far as I know you have to use the punycode for hosting your domain (For now anyway)

In firefox if you type in the domain in native characters -- 台北市.com (Copy and paste this name for an example) it will change it to punycode but will still take you to 台北市.com

Of course you can URL forward your punycode names to an ASCII name if you like..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom