Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How To Know Whether To Renew Your Domain Or Not?

Domain Author

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a big question especially when you have a portfolio of several domains and you do not know which all to drop and what all to renew!
Here is a small technique which I use to decide. This may not be the best technique but has worked well for me over the years.
I just Google the keywords of the domain name and check all those who are advertising for the keywords. These are my target potential customers. I also consider the websites which have similar domain names and appear in the results.
I also target the people who have domain names similar to mine but do not have a website on them.

Having made a list of email addresses(40-50) of all those who may be interested in my domain, I send out a simple email informing them that I am interested in selling my domain.
The subject line of the email is usually the name of the domain+ for sale.

If I get a reply from even 1 potential buyer asking about the price or mentioning that they may be interested, I know that this name has a value for someone and even if I do not end up making a sale to them, I know that I have to renew this name.

This is what I have been following for a couple of years and some of my hand-registered names went for high $XXX to low $X,XXX after I had renewed them.

If you have any other opinion in this regard or have been following a different technique, you are most welcome to share it!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom