Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How to make the Available Overture Names thread better

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like posting available overture names in this thread:

http://www.dnforum.com/f6/available...ation-no-adult-names-7-a-7-thread-125646.html

Not only does it help people out who don't have the resources available to find these names, but it [usually] earns me some extra DNF$. As you can see by reading through the thread though, many people post names that are available, only to have them registered seconds later with no donations sent.

I thought I would start a seperate thread for suggestions on how to make the thread better. I've included some previously mentioned suggestions below. Please share your opinions on these and post your own too!

• Make the thread for Exclusive Members only
  • Make the thread for Platinum Members Only
  • Change the title to "Required Donation:..." instead of "Suggested donation"
  • Have people post right after they take a name to keep others from wasting time.
  • Make it more of an auction, where you post the score of the name and the topic, and others bid to get the name

Those are just a few, I'm sure you have more. I just wanted to move this discussion over here, because every time I see the thread have a new post, I get excited, and then let down when I see it's just someone upset about something.

Thanks,
Jorge

Upvote 0

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make the thread for Exclusive Members only cant be done as expiring domains comes under platinum forums. Make the thread for Platinum Members Only Can be done .

Required Donation is not possible as most of the names r from drops and people also find them themself, How to find if a person has seen the name in the list or have found it themself with dropscan.

Make it more of an auction , then just register it and post for sale in fixed price.

T

tekz999

No auction. But the time the auction ends, it will be grabbed by others already.

Platinum level+ is good.

Ovt # * 10 = DNF$ donation is also fine with me.

If the buyer want to remain anonymous, then the seller can do a simple job by posting sold for the buyer in the public thread.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

when the forum first started an "expired listing" section, donations were only 10F$.

and if somebody regged them and didn't donate.....it wasn't a big deal.

with the resell and potential traffic values increasing, the requested donation has also increased, but now members are "expecting" donations for every domain that gets registered!

there has been an "outcry" over, "who posted" "who reggs" and "who did not donate".

trying to restrict and regulate would be a challenge.

Posting expired domains started with the idea of giving and sharing.

Let's start the New Year by keep that spirit in mind!

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if your afraid your not going to get F$ for posting some names, dont, people are usually good about it, and if they arent, so what.

edit: i have bought all my charity ribbons with donations from a list i posted, so people do donate

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people are actually complaining about not getting a "donation".

The majority of people that post names I'm sure get donations for names registered through the ovt thread. I've said it a million times, alot of people are looking at the same lists, using the same tools to find these names. So the fact that someone posts it in a thread doesn't mean that they are the only ones finding these names.

Also, @ the current DNF rate the suggested donation is around $1.25. The fact that people are even complaining about not getting $1.25 here and there is a joke IMO.

I would suggest the only change that needs to be made is that people stop whinning and demanding donations. I thought the thread is to share names that the poster has found and is pretty much passing up but letting other people decide if they see value in the name to register.

Ok, that's my rant for the year. Glad I got it out early. :)

Happy New Year to everyone.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, these rules are dumb. I suggest that the people finding them stop sharing them and register them and then resell them. Or make private agreements with people who will pay you per name that you give them.

You can see from the posts here that people don't appreciate the effort to find them too much (they do a little, just not much). So stop sharing and register and sell.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are 4 or 5 people that regularly post , I suggest those that post all the time make it into a newsletter form and charge 250f$ to subscribe monthly, and not per domain, then send the domain or list to all subscribers when you have something to share, first to open the email gets first chance , no stealing and you get monthly f$. You can post "my subscibers have mail" in the thread as a alert maybe.

Use Topica for free , and only take subscribers by PM , to keep your subscribers exclusive.

Others that post once in a while continue to post in the thread as it is.

just my 2 cents.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with most said here, I stopped posting there because 50% of the time I receive no donation or even pm saying name was regged.
from now on I will just keep my own list.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I always donate clown! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener