Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed how to register a 2 letter .com name???

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeroenp

how to register a 2 letter .com name???
i only can do a 3 letter .com minimum

Originally posted by jeroenp
If you know of a 2 letter .com domain name that is still available, and the "letters" are valid within the RFC for domain names, you should be able to to register it at any registrar.

Valid characters include numbers (0-9), letters (a-z) and the hyphen (-). Domain names may not begin with a hyphen.

Which registrar were you using, and what error did you get when you tried to register the domain?

If you are afraid of losing the domain name by talking about this, email me, PM me, or post a note in our helpdesk forum on my site, and I'll be happy to research this for you with full assurances that I will not steal your domain name if it's registerable.

-t

Originally posted by jeroenp

As timechange said, all 676 2 letter .com domains are registered (and very valuable - especially if they can be used as a pseudo cctld).

Also, all 17,576 3 letter .com domains are also registered.

1 letter domains are subject to reservation by IANA, and the few that are in usage cannot be registered by a third party even if deleted (as was the case for e.com a few years back which was briefly held by a new registrant before IANA transferred it away and reserved it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom