• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to report a domain sale to DNJournal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kventures

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
1
...
 
Last edited:
Just sold FU.net for 20k and buyer agreed to publish the price to the public how can I report it?

I'm just curious Rob, why do you want to report it?
 
I'm just curious Rob, why do you want to report it?

It's good for the business. Shows upward momentum in those types of names. I believe a couple LL.net names sold for less than $12k at the last TRAFFIC auction, and the previous TRAFFIC auction had 2 LL.net names pass at $10k. FU.net is more of a premium LL.net (for it's obvious connotation), but it helps to show what investors are willing to pay for a decent LL.net. I wish more buyers were willing to publicize the sale price.
 
Congrats, very nice domain!
:yes:
 
...
 
Last edited:
Congratulations Rob! Nice sale. And well said Elliot!

[Soapbox]
To improve fluidity and move to higher values, we have to allow determination of market value. End users believing they're getting raped over a barrel are substantially less likely to buy than those believing they're paying the going rate. And comparable sales are absolutely a prime factor...

Clearly there are situations where sales can't be released. On the other hand, the quicker we each move past the "what's in it for me" mode on reporting sales, the sooner we'll see improved market fluidity and the value of our domains increase.
[/Soapbox]
 
It's good for the business. Shows upward momentum in those types of names. I believe a couple LL.net names sold for less than $12k at the last TRAFFIC auction, and the previous TRAFFIC auction had 2 LL.net names pass at $10k. FU.net is more of a premium LL.net (for it's obvious connotation), but it helps to show what investors are willing to pay for a decent LL.net. I wish more buyers were willing to publicize the sale price.

Well said and I agree...I just wanted to know.
 
Congrats..nice sale
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom