Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to tell if a domain has been dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rush

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What is the easiest way to determine how many times and when a domain has been dropped in the past?

Is it true that the SEO value of an aged domain is lost when it's dropped and re-registered?

Thanks!

Register for the auction

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is always better to have a domain showing it has been registered continuously for xx amount of years vs one that has dropped and you recently picked it up. However, I do not look at it like that. If it is a decent name, I have no problem purchasing if it was registered this year or 5 years ago.

rush

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Thank you very much for your opinion but that doesn't answer my question.

Anyone?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For some URLs, particulary if there was a website on it there is a record here. If you click on the individual dates for a previously used domain it will show you what the website looed like at that period of time.

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, now a days the only sure way is to research the history..... I have names from 1997 or '99 that technically dropped but never really. The best way is to research the email addresses over several years, as well as name servers and other details. But domaintools.com is really the best to utilize. Wish they had an affiliate code or something:yes:.

Though your question is somewhat ambiguous for professionals because a name may be available to the public, (technically), but not really. Majority will be and is held by the registrars.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What is the easiest way to determine how many times and when a domain has been dropped in the past?

Is it true that the SEO value of an aged domain is lost when it's dropped and re-registered?

Thanks!

Yes it is true. However, if it still has relevant backlinks, it's only a matter of time before the links count again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom