Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How valuable is traffic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Genuine questions from a relatively new newbie.

Does a lot of links (as per www.marketleap.com) mean a lot of traffic?

Even better, what is a lot of links, ie what is worth taking notice of, 5, 50, 500, 5000, 50000 ?

Correct me if I am wrong, many links normally means better SE rank?

When you have a domain that does have a lot of traffic (as per the determined meaning of "a lot") what the hell do you do with it? Is there seriously abusiness in redirecting traffic to affiliate sites?

Should you resolve the the domain with a lot of links to your home page to help with SE rankings (even if it is with an irrelavent domain)?

Hope this isn't too much to ask and that I am not asking for too many trade secrets but would appreciate any feedback. Your experience in a well developed industry may be of great assistance to me in a still growing .co.nz industry.

Thanks
Dingo :D

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it has links from search engines this suggests the site has been used and development before - so if the links are in the right places and enough of them there will be people clicking on them and therefore giving you traffic.

E.g. I have dogphone.com which looks a bad name

But it gets 100 hits a day because it used to be an sms site and is listed in the Search engines ( which are from links on people's sites )

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=dogphone

Just think how many people link to Amazon - thats why they are top of MarketLeap

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
20 views = 1 reply. mmmm......

Does this mean nobody wants to give away sensitive info or are these boring questions?

You can pm me with help if you want :)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am supposed to know - but I'm still learning myself.

Links are not all the same. One might result in 100s of visitors a day, while 100+ might result in only a few per month.

It does help to at least point the domain to your home page, and also a good 404 page or pointer.

SEs do like links - but their are rules, and their algorithims change often.

H

hosting3.com

well, another good point is what content the site had before and using what keywords it was indexed before :) doesn't mean it had 1000 links and the domain name is perfect.. a site with 100 links, BUT good keywords, are 100 times better in value :) Remember that quality counts :)

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The most important thing is to get that 404 page up immediately or you will loose 90% of the old traffic to dead links on your current server.

interbuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom