Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Howdy from Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone on DNForum.com

I joined the site a couple weeks ago, after a month of solid nights getting more educated about domaining. I am a newbie in this field and more or less stumbled up the concept of registering domains, holding and selling for profit; because I have had a handful of domains registered for a few years and was only holding them for "possible" future business ideas. I randomly had an offer on my oldest held domain incidentally of $700, I thought hmm.. why is this person wanting to pay that kind of money for something that cost me $8? And needless to say my time has been filled with researching any and all information on this business.

I should have likely came to this board first and started here, now that I have realized that I am here; I took advantage of the New Years Special offer, seems like a fair deal compared too when I priced the cost of membership at $400 a few weeks ago. Thanks DNForum for the price break! I didn't hesitate to join as I believe the small investment in knowledge will go much further than the price of admission.

I have learned much in the last month and have dove in cash in hand and bought up about 90 domains! Looking back only a little over a month later I can see which ones are good/ok and which ones pry weren't worth the $7-8 bucks it cost to register. I even believe I might have a few home runs as well. I am hoping to read the Free E-Book soon and scavenger the forum (time allowing) for more knowledge on this unique business. I have been reading info from Morgan Linton and also signed up for a Sedo Account which I have most of my domains listed for sale as well as parked. They seem to be doing better parked at Sedo than they did at NameDrive. I am earning a whopping .35 cents a day so far after a few days now. No Sales yet through Sedo. I am anxious to sell my first domain though! It is very exciting to think I can literally come up with a new word combination of generic words, register it for $8 and then possibly sell it for hundreds to thousands more! maybe! Unlike any other business!

Anyways a little about myself. I am in my late 20's from Seattle originally but have lived in Indiana for quite a few years now. Married with 3 year old boy. I am active outdoors person, especially the lake for water sports and fishing. I work high rise building maintenance for my day job and love it. College educated in Management and Accounting. I have dabbled in Real Estate Rentals and Rehabs and had decent success as well as currently working on bringing a new product to market for commercial or industrial maintenance men to be more efficient and safer on the job. <--- Still working on that... takes big money to make bigger money!

Anyways I am glad to meet your acquaintance and look to make some new buddies on this site

-Chase

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome chase...PM me where about your at...I'm in NW Ind,

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone on DNForum.com

because I have had a handful of domains registered for a few years and was only holding them for "possible" future business ideas. I randomly had an offer on my oldest held domain incidentally of $700, I thought hmm.. why is this person wanting to pay that kind of money for something that cost me $8? And needless to say my time has been filled with researching any and all information on this business.

What is slightly bothering! I had 1/2 dozen domains back around 2002-2005 that i had hand registered and thought nothing of it at the time, paid "NO CONSIDERATION WHAT SO EVER" to Names and looking back on that now, approx 10 years later ... Gosh. I won't swear it! but Damn I have lost money in stocks, I have lost money in Real Estate.... Equally the same, I have Made money both ways in stocks, Real Estate. But percentage wise.. $7-10 reg fee vs. 10 years later (less than $100 investment) I can clearly see I lost possibly thousands upon thousands. i am okay will get over it.. just venting.. but geez.. much value lost .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom