Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auctions http://www.hydracave.com - Unique Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got the following website up for sale:

Hydra Cave Discussion Forums

It comes with:

* Forum Design, as it is currently, along with the PSD of the design
* Database, as-is, with all the posts, members, etc.. included
* Unique Theme, the first ever set of forums I know of themed around ancient mythology.
* Huge chance to expand with some good advertising.
* 1 moderator + me (If needed I'd be willing to continue as a moderator for a certain amount of time and also post)
* Money making potential, already makes a small amount off of google adsense. (A click or 2-3 every few days)
* Traffic to the domain.
* 2 domain names, www.hydracave.com and www.hydracave.net

You can see the statistics attached:
http://www.hydracave.com/uploads/hydracave_stats.gif

In the beginning it was getting around 100 visitors per day, this is easily re-reachable. For example running contests, link advertising etc work well.

For $600, I'll also include the (leased) vbulletin license which expires 20th May '06.

Looking for mid-$xxx

If interested, feel free to either reply here, pm me or get me on aim / msn.

AIM: xtrocms
msn: [email protected]

Thanks.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the bid, although looking for quite a bit more than that - the design costed more than twice that.

bstrawse

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gotta start somewhere. I'm open to counter-offers.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xenotick,

Would the forum have to be moved? If not where is it hosted and how much is hosting? I ask because I've had bad experiences trying to move forums in the past from one server to another...

Also have all the bugs (found) been squashed? I was browsing around and noticed that in the feedback forum several minor bugs have been brought up.

Designcrowd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not my bag, but I have to say you have a great design there!

JohnT

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Toten - Hiya, I can sell the hosting account with it, however you'd be responsible for the VB license unless you offer more than $600. Most of the half major bugs have been fixed, I think the only one left is the one where topic titles if really long run off the post box, however you could quite easily fix this. The avatars can be enabled but will have to be strictly monitored because they can easily stretch the page if they're too big.

Also - if you want a new hosting account, I'd be more than willing to transfer the forum for you. It's hosted at www.wirenine.com on their starter package, you can upgrade at any time when the need arrives.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xenotick said:
Toten - Hiya, I can sell the hosting account with it, however you'd be responsible for the VB license unless you offer more than $600. Most of the half major bugs have been fixed, I think the only one left is the one where topic titles if really long run off the post box, however you could quite easily fix this. The avatars can be enabled but will have to be strictly monitored because they can easily stretch the page if they're too big.

Also - if you want a new hosting account, I'd be more than willing to transfer the forum for you. It's hosted at www.wirenine.com on their starter package, you can upgrade at any time when the need arrives.

Thanks for the replies...hosting is no problem as long as long as you think that the forum will transfer with little or no issues (If the host has fantastico installed sometimes that causes problems). I'm discussing it with the other relevant parties and deciding if and what to bid.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for your interest. :)

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. I'm curious if you would let me know who you got to do your forum skin. That is a really sexy design.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hiya, I'll let it be the new site owner's decision whether the designer's name is released or not, I know some people have a problem with people knowing who designed their site etc.

A couple of people interested, if you're interested contact as soon as possible, since it'll be sold as soon as someone makes an offer I'm happy with.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just as an update, the person interested has withdrawn, are there anymore potential bidders? If not then I'll carry on running the site.

Thanks.

wills17

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reported? eh? Anyway, I've had someone else interested who's also withdrawn, so still open for offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom