• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

HUGE NEWS! Microsoft buying Yahoo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
1,302
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18486561/

Microsoft eyeing deal to buy Yahoo
Report: Web portal seen valued at $50 billion


That sucks. I get great search engine ranking on Yahoo (and Google) but squat on MSN.
 
Wow, that is potentially a huge deal...

Funny, for me I usually have little trouble getting results with MSN and not too bad with Yahoo, but a tough time with Google...
 
Heard about this ...supposedly 80 of Bill's bills
 
If google buys yahoo.com ....that be nice
 
I'd rather see them all stay separate and keep competing.
 
MS are desperate to get a slice of Google-type action, having failed quite miserably with their own competing offering. Now that Yahoo stock is very weak seems like an ideal time. Inevitable move I'm guessing.
 
great news, ms has the money to compete with google, yahoo has the platform, - we can benefit from it.
 
I hate yahoo, never use it.
 
I hope that this will increase the competition in the PPC market - it's all that matters to me
 
looks like Gates is pissed off....and is ready to go on a buying spree....
 
Bill went window shopping:D
 
wow! for a moment I thought this was another stupid joke. I smell war in the PPC arena!!!
 
looks like Gates is pissed off....and is ready to go on a buying spree....
 
I wouldn't get too excited. I can see the being shot down by the DOJ as an antitrust violation. Considering we are talking about the three biggest search engines, this could be seen as Microsoft trying to monopolize the market. Just my thoughts.
 
how can this be seen as MS trying to monopolize with google strong in the scene?
 
WOW. The giants are taking over the world. Amazoogle next?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom