Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

i am new at this need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggypants303

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i need help?? I have a few domains. but I don't know what ppl mean by overture 500 or things like that. What should I do to the domains to begin with? I plan on developing one of them into a forum. How to submit to overture?

any help would be awesome! if anyone of you would also wanna chat with me on AIM or msn that'd be even cooler. my aim: baggypants303!

-thanks
gaurav

Domain Summit 2024

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
overture 500 means 500 searches were made for that term on Overture search engine in the last month. For example, "free game" has thousands of searches. Less used terms have a lower overture.

Overture with extension is something like "freegames.com"
Some people consider a high overture with extension to be valuable.

In terms of development for beginners, a forum is a good way to start. Buy some hosting from a company like http://www.web-mania.com (£20 a year) and upload a free forum from http://www.phpbb.com. These forums look really pro and are very useful.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im not sure where overture gather their search terms from, however it seems to get some good hits, it requires some good positioning on google.com.

google spiders the web all the time looking for sites, but the trick is getting some inbound links from sites that are already placed well in google.

you might try setting up some sites and requesting linking from sites that are already well placed in google.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom