• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I am wasting 2k/day unique traffics :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Hi,

I have image hosting site that gets...
Uniques per day: 2k
page view per day: 15K
Hits per day: 140K

I inserted adsense and it gets zero click :-(
Anyone have image hosting site?
If so, how do you draw revenue from this site?

It's such a waste.
Any input would be greatly appreciated :-)
 
I don't own any imagehosting sites but ads that pay per impression will probably do better with this type of site.
 
Thanks for your input :-)
Any program/co. that you can recommend or have experience with?

I don't own any imagehosting sites but ads that pay per impression will probably do better with this type of site.
 
Value Click Media -no other CPM network comes even close (check my signature)
 
Value Click Media -no other CPM network comes even close (check my signature)


ehh.. there are other CPM networks that actually pay better than ValueClick in my experience. For one, being CasaleMedia.com

You will need about 10,000 uniques a month min to get into, which you have, but still other things as well

others

Tribalfusion.com
BurstMedia.com
rightmedia.com (yieldmanager)

and some others
 
Thanks "SouthernTn" and "VisualDigits" :-)

Seems image hosting will not qualify with CasaleMedia.com
Their site said I need content rich site.
I don't think image hosting site is content rich :-D

I'll check them all out.
 
I've got a few image hosting sites - what is the link to yours so I can take a peak? Ours run adsense as well - while they don't get a magnificent click through rate, they do get clicks none the less.
 
I've got a few image hosting sites - what is the link to yours so I can take a peak? Ours run adsense as well - while they don't get a magnificent click through rate, they do get clicks none the less.
I sent you PM since I can not post URL here per forum rule :-D
Thanks
 
It wouldn't be because your an affiliate? :rolleyes:

Casale Media comes 2nd for me and I'm their affiliate as well. However Value Click Media provides me with better ad inventory and I think this is what matters the most.

copper: I guess you need to work on ad placement.
 
Are you sure the uniques are genuine page views? They might be hotlinked images...
 
Impressions resulting from image hosting pages (where the viistor goes direct to the image, as commonly done) being displayed are basically worthless because the various ppc firms including google and yahoo have ways to know all the visitor wants is an image, therefore it is not counted as valid traffic.

I once had an old image hosting site with more tha 20,000 visits/day but it was lucky to earn $1/day or less, as the several different providers I tried all said the real traffic was a small fraction of 20k.

There are a number of sales of image host sites advertised on forums and the buyer later finds out they are of little or no value since the traffic is not considered valid and the ppc firm may say out of your 2,000 visits only 20 were valid, for example. Happens all the time.
 
Are you letting people direct link to the images? When i ran one i made it so the links you gave them were like a link to a page with the image and an ad. imagehost.com/image.php?img=filename.jpg and that way more traffic is actually seeing ads. And put the ads near the upload button
 
They are not hot linked.
Well, some, I can see they are hot linked.
But, most are not.

Yesterday, adsense impression was at 6K and 3 clicks.

I just changed the adsense placements per "Whitebark"s advice.
I'll know in few days.

If this doesn't work, I'll try per impression thing.

Again, thank you so much for all comments and advice :-D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom