Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I have an ICANN registrar contact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know a gentleman who runs an ICANN accredited registrar and if I had enough interest, I think we may be able to take advantage of his registry connections. I know that snapnames pays all the different registrars a fixed price for domains registered through that particular registrar. I have talked to my contact and he is willing to give me access to a good portion of his connections to the third pool. I would need the assitance of someone that has a script that would constantly query and automatically reg names from the central registry. I am willing to put together a couple of dedicated servers, get a direct connection to a large internet pipe. The script must be multi-threaded and we will probably want to run a few instances of it 24/7 in order to get the most of these connections. If you have such a script and have access to a program that will generate fresh lists of dropping names, we should talk.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>I am willing to put together a couple of
>dedicated servers, get a direct connection to a
>large internet pipe.

Be aware that you have to run the registry connection VIA the Registrars equipment.

Or else you'll get into trouble like Snapnames did a while back.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dropped domains are avaliable to all the public at once, so what benefit could you possibly have by having a deal with a registrar?

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know next to nothing about the drop. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, I'll tell you what I do know. There are many companies that make a lot of money by offering a name snapping service. If the VP of the highly praised eNom is to be believed, they make $50 000/month alone renting out their 40 connections to the 3rd pool via their club drop service. Namewinner has many people bidding extremely high amounts in the hopes of securing valuable names. Snapnames has agreements with most of the ICANN accredited registrars that sees them gaining access to their connections.

If you are asking about the advantage of having direct access to the registry without going through a third party that will mark up the service that we will have exclusive access to, I don't think I need to answer. As for all of the other details, I will leave this up to the experts.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What I meant was that all names are avaliable to EVERYONE at once, so you do not even have to use a service and be able to pick up a name.

As for club drop, this program has been cancelled. I wonder why Enom took it away.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Letting access a third party to RRP is not very legitimate although it is done as far as I know

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SirAlexFerguson, what is the point? Please be so kind to explain that to me, for I see no intiative to partner up with a registry when a domain that is dropped is avaliable to every man with a computer at the same exact time.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
I have talked to my contact and he is willing to give me access to a good portion of his connections to the third pool.

If the VP of the highly praised eNom is to be believed, they make $50 000/month alone renting out their 40 connections to the 3rd pool

Taking the above statements into consideration, why would your "contact" give you free access to his connections?
:confused:

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNbuy I sent you an email and a PM, please at least be so kind as to acknowledge that you received these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom