Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed I have had an Inquiry ... Help Please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have had an inquiry regarding my domain name:

RedCordial.com

Of course they want to know how much I want for this name. Can anyone please give me an indication of what sort of value we could be considering.

I registered this with the intention of making a site at a later date to do with the problems some people experience with hyperactivity when they drink red cordial and other food dye problems people experience.

I have not considered the value of this name for resale until now (isn't it always the way!) :)

Apparently the person who wants this name wants to make a site immediately.

Thank you all for your help.

Debath

Domain summit 2024

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where have all the opinionated people gone?

Surely someone has some sort of thoughts about this name and the value?

Please, pretty please ;) ... all your opinions are appreciated.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you may want to tell them that you hadnt considered selling and while your planned development hasnt commenced you would consider a fair offer.

have you researched the buyer or are they masked

any stats if purley brandable dont play games with them as to many available

who owns net and org

is there tm app or filed

have appraisal done while nonsense gives you a starting pint to go down from

sean

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Firstly, THANK YOU Sean for your reply. I really appreciate it.

The story goes:

I had an answered call displayed on my mobile when I came home this afternoon. Of course, out of curiosity (because the number wasn't familiar), I rang it and the guy who answered said this other guy wanted to talk to me about a domain name.

Apparently, their "client" wants to make a site immediately with it and though the .com.au is free (they are Aussies too), the "client" prefers the .com.

So, that's all I know about them.

I told him why i'd reg'd it and that my development plans for this domain were on hold due to my current circumstances of having no time for development. I also said that given those facts, I would consider a reasonable offer for the name.

Unfortunately for me ... I have absolutely no knowledge of the "client" or their business. All I know is that they are in South Australia.

As far as I know there are no TMs for this name. Nobody owns any of the other extensions.

As far as Traffic goes, I have no idea what sort of traffic this name gets. I don't have it set up anywhere to work this out either.

So, i'm a bit in the dark with that side of things.

Perhaps it's going to be totally a matter of how much the "client" wants this name and how much I ask for it.

They want me to email them my asking price. Ugggg

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i will do a little research for you

if proxy offer usually means deep pockets especially if they called instead of emailed

not always but an indication if they are small allowing themselves to be seen works to thier advantage.

unless you really need the money play it out a little you can always come down on price up is harder.

the downside is you may scare them off.

give me about 15 min to see if i can help

ciao

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you heaps avs162 :).

I really appreciate your help.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
redcordial is a good name do a quick google on re cordial south afria

much more popular in au and sa than here

lot of attention cause it cause hyperactivity

cordial by itself is a tremendous name and red is not that damaging to its value

recoginzed product name supprised no tm maybe overseas

you should be able to get at least a 1000 but i would start higher

however i would suggest letting some other members give feedback and stall them for a day

maybe appraisal not a bad idea plenty of free ones

if you can risk the loss of a small sale for hopes of maximizing
potential i would go high and if they dont buy offer to let them counter

or take the stand you will accept offers to help you decide.

just my opinion

sean

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
see if you can find any sales of other drink or wine names to support your position

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Minimum $1,000 - but as the rest said - try for more. Australian wines are well regarded, so look into the Largest Australian wine makers and finances.

Also try to be a bit more patient with us - we do it for Fun mostly :)

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you avs and DotComster :)

Yes, I apologise for being in a bit of a hurry. I think the guy expects me to email him a response with my asking price fairly quickly. I didn't mean to sound pushy or impatient. :)

I think I will wait until tomorrow to see what other people say regarding this.

By the way avs ... when I wrote SA, my apologies, I meant South Australia, not South Africa.

Thank you all for your time and your efforts. I really appreciate your helpfulness and just hope I can report some good news about this some time soon.

Last question ... there used to be a site where you could do your own appraisals. I realise it was only a guide but I can't find it where I thought it was at http://www.urlhits.com.

Does anyone know of one which will give me an idea as to what sort of things I can mention regarding this name and the price I end up asking?

Stay happy! :)
Deb

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dont be in a rush they approached you dont give away that advantage

a person sitting sees all sides a person running sees only ahead

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
avs ... I really like your saying. :) Very true and i'm taking it to heart.

Thanks again for your help.

By the way, I checked out the site that belongs to the people who contacted me. It looks like they're fairly good at what they do and their client list isn't that shabby.

See what you think: http://www.kineticreality.com

Have a good night everyone. I'll check in later to see what's happening and i'll let you all know if anything comes of this.

Deb

I'd pitch at $5k and see where you land.

They've gone to the trouble of calling you, and I imagine they are familiar with the domain aftermarket and can advise their clients regarding the reality of the price levels for desirable names.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They offered me $100AU. I told them 'no thanks'. I'm presuming now that they'll go and get the .com.au instead.

It wouldn't be worth my while to do the t/f etc and get the paperwork signed for $100AU. Notary Public's here cost $60 just for a signature!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ignore them misers - they do not apreciate "Red Cordial". It's a good domain, and if they do not want it many others will - just be a bit more patiant ;)

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you DotComster :) ... I feel a bit better knowing there are still some people around who appreciate fine names ;).

Oh well, let them get the .com.au I say, it still doesn't have the same 'zing' as the .com and unless they come up with a much better offer, that'll remain mine to drink myself. lol

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, let them go ahead and develop the .com.au as it will only add to the value of your .com Happened to me and the guy with the .com.au kept on asking to buy the .com and I eventually agreed.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help. It's a pity I don't have a sale to report, but nevermind. That's the way it goes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators