Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed I know its a .TV, but....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the keywords "Free Sex Story" pull down over 300K Overture searches, and the .TV extension complements the domain www.FreeSexStory.TV . Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DD

Domain summit 2024

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one types .tv names in. Probably making a subdomain freesexstory.yourdomain.com would fetch you the same amount of hits.

Maybe reg fee, but nothing else.

...my $ 0.02 :razz:

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I do not like .tv... I have one. It has got like 2 hits in the last 2 years. I am glad I only got one :)

Stay away from .tv IMHO.

-Bob

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree. i have two, absolutely no traffic. let it go, as many already did. drop it. .TVs too expesive too late

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't understand. I have sold a few .TVs for a couple of grand. If you have the right keywords, there are buyers out there. I realize .com is the king, but it does not own the entire internet.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Domain -

Perhaps you had the right keywords then. My own personal experience is horrible with anything other than .com, .net, and .org (I did sell the two .WS names I had though and swore I would never buy another ccTLD unless it was sex.XX)

I am happy you did sell a couple .TVs. Some people see opportunity where others do not. I registered a name on a drop that nobody thought was good. It was available 30 minutes after the drop was copleted. As it turned turned out, I was able to sell the name for $10,000 three weeks later. It all depends if you think you can turn it.

The bottom line is: Are you willing to roll the dice for $102.50 ? .TV registrations are (or at least they WERE) $50 per year and increase 5% each year with a 2 year minimum. . .

Me, not again. When I started speculating, Beauty was supposedly sold for a million. I bought 7 .cc names. I just laugh at myself now. I learned the hard way and 7 C-Notes later.

If you decide to gamle. I wish you luck!

Cheers.

-Bob

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a perfect example where the overture tool is perfectly useless.

The trouble is it makes no distinction between the singular and the plural and there is a big difference for many names as to what actually people search for.

I regged FreeSexStories.TV and have no interest in FreeSexStory.TV. Why? Most of what you see on Overture is due to "Free Sex Stories" as opposed to "Free Sex Story" There are much better .TV domains available for the basic registration fee.

If you want a tool that tells the real difference as to what people search for on search engines. I have the link below. The basic tool is free for non adult domains.

Wordtracker

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with Wordtracker is that's it's costly vs Suggestion Tool which is a free tool.

Plus it's more difficult to use than Suggestion Tool, which can not be any easier and is far from useless as you said.

It's my most valuable tool, which I use many times during the day.

Easy To Remember Website with Suggestion Tool Link -

www.SuggestionTool.com

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take for example "short stories" and "short story"

On Wordtracker (the free version) one gets a daliy estimate of 6036 for "short stories" while 624 for "short story". To me over a factor of 9 in search popularity is an important consideration when comparing domains.

With the Overture Suggestion Tool you cannot tell them apart.

The Overture Suggestion Tool is useful to tell is keyword is not searched for at all, but it is very dangerous if it is used to register or buy a domain on the basis of keyword searches. Especially since it may be the weaker of the singular or plural, is the one that is for sale or registration.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not good its a TV... i don't care how good the keyword is....e.g sex.tv.....TVs don't do it..... sorry :)

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I have to agree that sex.tv is not worth much since it costs $1,000,000.00 a year to reg it. There is not much left on the table after that one.

but not all .tv domains are that expensive.

May be they just want to keep their only traffic name and use it as link to .tv registrar and scare people away with a million bucks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FineE Take for example "short stories" and "short story" On Wordtracker (the free version) one gets a daliy estimate of 6036 for "short stories" while 624 for "short story". To me over a factor of 9 in search popularity is an important consideration when comparing domains.
With the Overture Suggestion Tool you cannot tell them apart.

The Overture Suggestion Tool is useful to tell is keyword is not searched for at all, but it is very dangerous if it is used to register or buy a domain on the basis of keyword searches. Especially since it may be the weaker of the singular or plural, is the one that is for sale or registration.

Some good points you have made. Agree Suggestion Tool has some negatives, especially regarding plural and non-plural.

But overall I value it well as those type of things do not come up too frequently, though when they do it's a problem and issue.

P.S. Was not aware Wordtracker also had a free version. I will check it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators