Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I know this name is going to drop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smirkley

I am (almost) certain of a name that is going to drop. I definetly want this name. I checked and it does have a snap on it. It is not one that everyone in the world would want, but at least somebody else does

My question is I need a list of snap type companies that do the same, their prices, and if they dont get it for me how much does it cost me to try.

This would be my first time using a service like this, so please suggest the fastest companies, or ones you know of that can beat a snap.

Thanks (I have a few months to plan for this) :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dropwizard.com and/or namewinner.com.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, not a universal rule, but pretty good.

The one time I used it, they failed to get my domain. I called to complain and was told that on the day in question, they had a 89% success rate at snapping available names. That's pretty good rate of success.

-WC-

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know SnapNames charges $69 to take a snap. Did I hear correctly that you also have to keep paying that $69 every year for renewals, rather than a standard renewal fee? I haven't used them because you have to pay up front with no assurance that they will deliver...and in fact I understand that they usually do not deliver on the better names.

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I know SnapNames charges $69 to take a snap. Did I hear correctly that you also have to keep paying that $69 every year for renewals, rather than a standard renewal fee? I haven't used them because you have to pay up front with no assurance that they will deliver...and in fact I understand that they usually do not deliver on the better names.

No, you heard wrong. The renewal fee is $39.

(By the way, RacerX has snapped up names that had bids over $3K on namewinner--a bargain at $69 per).

S

smirkley

On services like namewinner where you place a bid, are they proxy bids/ Do they publish the bids so to instigate further bidding on a name that no one else would bid on otherwise, unless they knew it was up for bid?

You know what I mean?

This name is definetly not as popular as Lotto.com or anything like that, but if I placed a bid on a published page, wouldnt that draw attention to someone with more money, to try to sell it to me after it closes?

Green question, I know, but I gotta ask.

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might have some luck checking out some of these dropcatchers

nicgenie.com
namefox.com
xeus.com

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought namefox.com and xeus.com are under development, aren't they? At least Namefox.com is.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RacerX

No, you heard wrong. The renewal fee is $39.

(By the way, RacerX has snapped up names that had bids over $3K on namewinner--a bargain at $69 per).

Thanks for the insight Racer. Just scoring one name of that caliber would make up for a lot of $69 payments. I'll have to give them a try.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Nothing beats a Snap.

Not always.

NW got me a name a few days ago that I had the snap on as well. $25 bid.

Snap got me three the day before, including a couple of DtComBomb trophies to add to my collection. One of them was a $160 million IPO in '98. In 2002, didn't have any money left to pay their domain renewal.

My heart pumps piss for them.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snap has been mostly successful for me, over the last couple of years. I got actress.org today - will make a nice celeb site.. :)

Cheers,

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators