• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale I know we all compete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

proprom

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
I know we all compete... but could you share your wisdom on how you find type-in traffic domains?
 
My favorite method is to get the domains that I typein myself.

Sometimes I mix up spellings - get a blank page. I get the domain if it's available or wait till it expires.

I also tend to think od what people want, and depending on my mood I sometimes get lucky.

I can not explain my main method - it depends on bi-lingual puns, but it serves me well :)
 
Agree with DotComster, "My favorite method is to get the domains that I typein myself. "

In addition, I look through tons of print ads, keep my ear tuned to the radio for those 30 and 60 second blurbs.

Most resourceful are those cheap spots that run all night long.

Some examples ...
One jewelry seller/loans spot yielded these two:
"short on cash" and "highest cash prices."

A yellow pages ad for some pawnbroker yielded "top dollar paid."

I mined this very forum and came up with dropservice.com.

Also, Howard Stern Show is a goldmine for domains to get some initial traffic. :)

Merry Christmas


___________________
www.dropservice.com
 
Traffic is only valuable when it is targeted, unless your getting cpm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom