Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed I need a appraisal on 3 .com Please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone....

I got 3 .coms I need honest appraisals, on them as a package. I just renewed all 3 of them, and will be selling them at some point. As of this date, I have not done anything but let them sit for a year. I'm now starting to look at selling them, and don't feel they are your run of the mill .coms.

Diecast covers alot, Hot Wheels, Nascar, Model Trains, Racing, and All kinds of autos and racing, so the hobby's and sport's it covers is pretty wide.

diecastheadquarters.com
diecasthqs.com
diecastfans.com

The store can be Diecast Headquarters, so the .com is the right spelling as well. And as most people know, it's makes a long .com. So it has the right spelling short one as well, and makes it super easy to remember to boot.

The diecast funs .com, gives the owner a easy way to get and keep customers. A forums and info based hobby site, that the owner can use to drive people to their main site. So as you can see, this will work great as a package deal for sure I think. They can be used for other things as well, as all 3 domains can work for many kinds of site having to do with the diecast hobby.

Thanks! Tim S.

Edited In >>>>>>>>>

I'll take everyones best guess on it, and just any input you can give me. How about your thoughts on the domains even, or can't a new guy get any help at all here.

Thanks! Tim S.

Edited In 2nd Time, The Next Day After No Help What So Ever >>>>>>>>>

I noticed it seems like people here, can only help with .nets that should be .coms. Miss spelled, or high hit sites that are of no use to anyone other then for adds. That are mostly spam, by most peoples standards that is for sure.

So how about trying your hand at some real domains like these, yes I know it may take some real thinking on it. But it may help you, when you are investing in domains right ? :)

Thanks! Tim

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tas38 said:
Hello everyone....

I got 3 .coms I need honest appraisals, on them as a package. I just renewed all 3 of them, and will be selling them at some point. As of this date, I have not done anything but let them sit for a year. I'm now starting to look at selling them, and don't feel they are your run of the mill .coms.

Diecast covers alot, Hot Wheels, Nascar, Model Trains, Racing, and All kinds of autos and racing, so the hobby's and sport's it covers is pretty wide.

diecastheadquarters.com
diecasthqs.com
diecastfans.com

The store can be Diecast Headquarters, so the .com is the right spelling as well. And as most people know, it's makes a long .com. So it has the right spelling short one as well, and makes it super easy to remember to boot.

The diecast funs .com, gives the owner a easy way to get and keep customers. A forums and info based hobby site, that the owner can use to drive people to their main site. So as you can see, this will work great as a package deal for sure I think. They can be used for other things as well, as all 3 domains can work for many kinds of site having to do with the diecast hobby.

Thanks! Tim S.

Edited In >>>>>>>>>

I'll take everyones best guess on it, and just any input you can give me. How about your thoughts on the domains even, or can't a new guy get any help at all here.

Thanks! Tim S.

Edited In 2nd Time, The Next Day After No Help What So Ever >>>>>>>>>

I noticed it seems like people here, can only help with .nets that should be .coms. Miss spelled, or high hit sites that are of no use to anyone other then for adds. That are mostly spam, by most peoples standards that is for sure.

So how about trying your hand at some real domains like these, yes I know it may take some real thinking on it. But it may help you, when you are investing in domains right ? :)

Thanks! Tim

Diecast is a good term 26855 on Overture. The combined terms however all draw blanks.

Google Scores with """ marks are 246, 2 and 2960.

I would say that the only one conceivably worth anything is diecastfans.com and even then you'll struggle to get your registration fee back!

OK, you need to learn some of the theory from books, but you'll only make a success of this if you have feel for it and get some experience under your belt. Park these at Sedo. See how much traffic they get. It won't cost you anything, but probably won't earn you anything either, but at least you'll understand the value of your investment.

Remember with domains only a very small percentage ever sell. The one's that do have qualities that cannot be obtained elsewhere. They are rare, they have purpose and people desperately need them, which is why they pay big bucks for them. You have to ask who would desperately need what you are about to register, if you cannot come up with a strong answer then walk away from the keyboard!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all 3 combined are worth $25

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
Diecast is a good term 26855 on Overture. The combined terms however all draw blanks.

Google Scores with """ marks are 246, 2 and 2960.

I would say that the only one conceivably worth anything is diecastfans.com and even then you'll struggle to get your registration fee back!

OK, you need to learn some of the theory from books, but you'll only make a success of this if you have feel for it and get some experience under your belt. Park these at Sedo. See how much traffic they get. It won't cost you anything, but probably won't earn you anything either, but at least you'll understand the value of your investment.

Remember with domains only a very small percentage ever sell. The one's that do have qualities that cannot be obtained elsewhere. They are rare, they have purpose and people desperately need them, which is why they pay big bucks for them. You have to ask who would desperately need what you are about to register, if you cannot come up with a strong answer then walk away from the keyboard!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

I did ask my self that, and I thought anyone wanting to start a diecast estore would want it.

I thought, diecast headquarters is easy to remember being only 2 words. And diecast brings, Results for google about 3,440,000 returns for diecast. Also having the short version diecasthqs.com, makes it easy to type out. A search of googles on headquarters, brings 181,000,000 returns on that.

Headquarters is a name most people heard many times, and is very brandable for a estore and real store name as well. Also I thought the diecastfans.com, would give them away to drive real diecast buyers to click to their estore.

And also it could be used for other things diecast as well, as it covers anything having to do with diecast. If you check what all diecast covers, you will find many sports and hobbies for sure.

To name a few....

Hot Wheels, Match Box, Nascar, American Muscle Cars, Trains, Trucks, Tractors, everything racing, Many Toys, Banks, the list goes on and on. New and old collectables, supplys for them and you got one heck of a market.

There is a diecasthq.com, but thats not the real short version of diecast headquarters. Diecasthqs.com (HQS) Short for headquarters, is the real short version and that is in the package. I did not find, any so widely usable .coms for diescast at all.

Where did I go wrong with my thinking, I'm now thinking may be I'm not cut out, for buying and selling domains.

Thanks! Tim

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tas38 said:
I did ask my self that, and I thought anyone wanting to start a diecast estore would want it.

I thought, diecast headquarters is easy to remember being only 2 words. And diecast brings, Results for google about 3,440,000 returns for diecast. Also having the short version diecasthqs.com, makes it easy to type out. A search of googles on headquarters, brings 181,000,000 returns on that.

Headquarters is a name most people heard many times, and is very brandable for a estore and real store name as well. Also I thought the diecastfans.com, would give them away to drive real diecast buyers to click to their estore.

And also it could be used for other things diecast as well, as it covers anything having to do with diecast. If you check what all diecast covers, you will find many sports and hobbies for sure.

To name a few....

Hot Wheels, Match Box, Nascar, American Muscle Cars, Trains, Trucks, Tractors, everything racing, Many Toys, Banks, the list goes on and on. New and old collectables, supplys for them and you got one heck of a market.

There is a diecasthq.com, but thats not the real short version of diecast headquarters. Diecasthqs.com (HQS) Short for headquarters, is the real short version and that is in the package. I did not find, any so widely usable .coms for diescast at all.

Where did I go wrong with my thinking, I'm now thinking may be I'm not cut out, for buying and selling domains.

Thanks! Tim

Don't be too upset about the situation. Not too expensive mistake perhaps.

Google is not the best guide, although lots of Google Adwords on your search terms can be a good indicator.

Most people go by the Overture Tool (for English):

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

I think new registration of English Terms is virtually a mugs game. Too many players and not much of interest left.

If you want to participate in something that is likely to be huge for a modest investment, get yourself along to www.idnforums.com

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reg. fee or less for each.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no value in it .. kind of lost cose...

You should read around the forum to see what are the valued domains...

You can visit the site in my signiture MyTopDomain read some more there

Hope it helps for next time

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators