Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I need your advice! ENOM PDQ: FRAUD credit card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newlearner

I am using PDQ of ENOM, I thought ENOM is quite good, until yesterday...

I found someone registered so many domains at one time, so I investigate it and doubt he/she is using fraud card!

I emailed my questions to Enom, ENOM said yes, I am right.

I am so surprised, that ENOM's system cannot prevent such a fake card! If yesterday I did not notice it, if yesterday I was out for play... What happened!

Everyone: please look over ENOM's claim on the website, after reading that, tell you the truth: I shut down my pdq, I do not know if the same user can still use such a fraud card to place orders for hundred or thousands of US dollars:

What happens if there is a fraud purchase?
eNom has built a sophisticated fraud detection system which is provided to you on your PDQ site at no cost. Each reseller is also encouraged to monitor their purchases for possible fraud. Any fraud purchases that are detected by us within 24 hours of purchase will be completely reversed and no transaction fees will be incurred by you.
If a fraud purchase is detected after this time period, but is within 5 days of purchase, eNom will delete the domain and reverse your registration fee. All PDQ transaction and credit card processing fees are non refundable.
Any fraud purchases and charge backs that occur after 5 days of purchase will be handled by reversing any commissions earned, and charging the domain to you at cost. No transaction fees will be reversed.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm!

Me too. I think as a reseller, we cannot prevent fraud.

:cry:

Unless you received cash or ask you customer to bank in. (Common here in HKSAR). Otherwise, there is risk.

I just doubt why people use credit to buy domain?

The registrar can reverse the domain in most case. What is hurt is "reseller" because under the reseller agreement, we have to bear the credit card charges.

Regards

PrimeDNR

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand your feelings gentlemen. I was on the phone with eNom for over an hour last week trying to deal with the same issues as you are grappling with. The bottom line is that although eNom will attempt to help you weed out fraudulent registrations, the responsability ultimately rests on the reseller.

This is not such a bad thing when you are only doing a few regs/week but it is quite different when you do hundreds as we do. We are currently working with a company that specializes in credit card fraud to develop a system that will allow us to screen orders based on specific criterion. Although I can not divulge the details, I will be speaking to Matt Stearn about this issue today.

Enom has certain restrictions placed upon them courtesy of their agreement with ICANN. As resellers however, I am of the opinion that some of these same restrictions do not apply to their resellers. One such restriction is the ability to block certain domain names from being registered. This will be another issue we will be looking at.

For your own protection I suggest you manually screen all orders coming through your site as you will ultimately be the one who pays the price.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
I understand your feelings gentlemen. I was on the phone with eNom for over an hour last week trying to deal with the same issues as you are grappling with. The bottom line is that although eNom will attempt to help you weed out fraudulent registrations, the responsability ultimately rests on the reseller.

This is not such a bad thing when you are only doing a few regs/week but it is quite different when you do hundreds as we do. We are currently working with a company that specializes in credit card fraud to develop a system that will allow us to screen orders based on specific criterion. Although I can not divulge the details, I will be speaking to Matt Stearn about this issue today.

Enom has certain restrictions placed upon them courtesy of their agreement with ICANN. As resellers however, I am of the opinion that some of these same restrictions do not apply to their resellers. One such restriction is the ability to block certain domain names from being registered. This will be another issue we will be looking at.

For your own protection I suggest you manually screen all orders coming through your site as you will ultimately be the one who pays the price.

Dear DnBuy

What can we as a reseller do if we expected that the transaction is being initiated by fraud credit card. say I saw some non-sense domain registered or someone using the Credit card to register some domain for long times (say 5 - 10 years).

Can we stop them?

I don't see as reseller we have this option.

DnBuy is success (I am not staff or in connection with DnBuy) because of 100+ transactions per week). But I don't think you can stop the transaction and reverse them within 24 hours right?

Regards

PrimeDNR

N

newlearner

In my own opion, ENOM transfers the risk of Fraud card to its Reseller, I think it is unfair.

Since we are their RESELLER, resell its domain registration service, and payment was collected based on ENOM's own card processing system, so it shall be risk of ENOM, not reseller himself.

If the card can not be detected by ENOM's system, why we shall pay?

I

interactive

thats just enom for you :( sad to say it but they have alot of problems....one reason they changed their policy i think is because of the fact people were starting to realize they really sucked? dont you think

N

Namenerd.com

Funny thing is Enom makes heaps of profits of its resellers and doesnt have any credit card verification systems for matching info and such. And they lay all fraud on there resellers i know a friend paid enom $530 for 3 domains that got registered through his site and the person just did a chargeback and to top it the guy transferred the domains.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namenerd.com
Funny thing is Enom makes heaps of profits of its resellers and doesnt have any credit card verification systems for matching info and such. And they lay all fraud on there resellers i know a friend paid enom $530 for 3 domains that got registered through his site and the person just did a chargeback and to top it the guy transferred the domains.

Hmm! They got Fraud Cop!

But once the customers refuse to pay (say the credit card lost or stolen purchase). It was the reseller (you lead the customer to enom.com) to purchase.

Sorry, we used RR and we have to accept its terms.

Otherwise, using the others CC services but a lot of technical barrier has to meet or you have to use offline registration.

Regards

PrimeDNR

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are an eNom reseller you do have options available to you. Enom has provided an email address for all resellers to send their fraudulent registrations to. As long as this is done within 48 hours of recieving the bad registration, they will delete the transaction for you. The email address is:

[email protected].

Also be sure to keep the registration notification in case someone there overlooks your submission. They have credited us for chargebacks that we sent to them but that they did not delete. Besides some shortfalls, eNom really is currently the best bang for the resellers buck.

PS. Laurie Krick is one of their biggest assets. She is very helpfull and always courteous.

Originally posted by PrimeDNR

Dear DnBuy

What can we as a reseller do if we expected that the transaction is being initiated by fraud credit card. say I saw some non-sense domain registered or someone using the Credit card to register some domain for long times (say 5 - 10 years).

Can we stop them?

I don't see as reseller we have this option.

DnBuy is success (I am not staff or in connection with DnBuy) because of 100+ transactions per week). But I don't think you can stop the transaction and reverse them within 24 hours right?

Regards

PrimeDNR
[email protected] [email protected]

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
If you are an eNom reseller you do have options available to you. Enom has provided an email address for all resellers to send their fraudulent registrations to. As long as this is done within 48 hours of recieving the bad registration, they will delete the transaction for you. The email address is:

[email protected].

Also be sure to keep the registration notification in case someone there overlooks your submission. They have credited us for chargebacks that we sent to them but that they did not delete. Besides some shortfalls, eNom really is currently the best bang for the resellers buck.

PS. Laurie Krick is one of their biggest assets. She is very helpfull and always courteous.

[email protected] [email protected]
Dear Jim

Thanks a lot! I have added the address for reference!

Regards

PrimeDNR

N

newlearner

Anyone knows how Godaddy treats this fraud card to its resellers?

They also have wildwestdomains.com, similar to PDQ.

But there is no policy introduced towards fraud card for Godaddy.

Thank you!

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge godaddy tries to watch for fraud too (as everybody else) and they even go as far as blocking some countries all together. No matter how good fraud prevention a registrar has there will always be fraud. Have you had your own card processor? The time it takes you to scan for fraud orders do chargeback etc, will make you work 24-7. I rather have my registrar do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom