Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I need your Input !

Status
Not open for further replies.

braincells

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Given this :

1. Site design will be of my own.
2. I wanna keep domain registration as secure as anyother eNom reseller.
3. I would be using my choice of merchant account ( meaning, i will not be using the paid ones offered by eNom ).
4. My site will be on Unix server.

I'd like your Input on :

1. Shall I use the PHP scripts given by eNom themselves for handling registration, whois check, transfers and all other features that any domain registration company ( eNom resellers ) can give.
How easy is it to customise their script to suit my site's design ( if any of you are using, please post your opinion on using them )
Any Pro's and Con's of this script.

2. Or do you suggest something like DRAMsystem.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

AQHost

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd go with option 2.

eNom's API is wonderfully flexible, but that flexibility can also make it a real chore to code for. I had no choice but to write my own API code for NameAlerts as I wanted to integrate the SnapNames API too and DRAMs doesn't come with the source code available for modification. If you want something simple to set up that just deals with registrations DRAMs should suit you just fine though.

Chris and Steve who are the driving forces behind DRAMs both come across as thoroughly decent guys and have solid reputations in other forums.

Best wishes,
Simon.

icehosting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
If you use your own credit card prosessing system it is needed to fefill your account with money, so you lost 3% with every refill.
Also if a customer buy a domain with fraud card you lost the 7.00 of the domain, and also the chargeback fee of your credit card prosessor (in paysystems and 2checkout this fee is $25). So you lost $32 for every fraud order. If you use Enom cc prosessing you not lost anything.
For this reason it is important to know your customers before use other cc prosessor.
just my 2 drachmas
(sorry and for my bad English).
Regards,
Christos Pelekis

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with AQHost

Mind that enom went thru major changes recently so DRAM slowed down a bit but they caught up well.

DRS

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a list of credit card fraud IPs. Let me know if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom