Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I want to start my own Mini Websites- HELPPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just starting promotion services for a client who owns www.seocreation.com that allows you to create content websites for just $1.00 a month, hosted.

they might look at partnerships as well. send me a PM for initial discussion.

mlalande

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is there a wordpress template or software that can quickly generate something like weddingshoes.com? thanks.

aholmes360

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy lets you quickly install Wordpress to any of your domains associated with a hosting account there. You can create up to 25 wordpress blogs with their second tier hosting account which is around $7/month.

That's what I use currently, its as cheap as anything I've found, but I have to constantly battle advertising in the admin panels which gets kind of annoying.

WhyPark is the best minisite development package that I've seen, but I usually just use wordpress and some rss feed plugins to aggregate content.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there a wordpress template or software that can quickly generate something like weddingshoes.com? thanks.

it's a simple template that can be done from scratch. I'll do it for a fee.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Weddingshoes.com looks too much like a MFA (made-for-adsense) site. I would be surprised if it was making any more than $xx per month.

My advice would be to hammer out a visually appealing site which isn't overly ad-centric.

One that I've been working on is www.cracertification.com (mods, please advise me if I am in violation of forum rules by posting one of my own links), and my focus has been on two things; visual appearance, and lots of content.

Content is king because that's what gets the search engines to index it. For weddingshoes.com as an example, there should be pages titled with exact searches people make - for example, "Wedding Shoes for men", "How to choose wedding shoes", "What are wedding shoes?", etc.

With a little bit of SEO, that drives somebody's such query to your website. That gets them in the door.

What KEEPS them in the door, is the good visual appearance. The purpose of weddingshoes.com is unclear in its present state, has the ads shown way too prominently, and worst of all, doesn't answer a searcher's questions.

Now, once they're in the door, and there to stay, that's when you need to target ads towards them. In the case of wedding shoes, I would, without question, put an amazon banner showing a good selection of wedding shoes. This is my stock answer for every circumstance, but in this case specifically, because it's shoes, Amazon has an affiliate program for their shoe store which, if memory is doing me any good, pays a commission of up to 16% of the gross!

Otherwise, I would put clickbank ads resolving to your hoplinks on the side panels, or, as a last resort, go with adsense.

allis

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have domains, part of it is done.

Then, get some inexpensive hosing (HostMonster isn't too bad).

Then, set up Wordpress sites - get a template so it doesn't look "bloggy".

Edit the code to add in some AdSense and/or some Amazon links and you're all set! Update weekly.

that's great info, draggar and i thank you for posting it!

yet i've read all over the internet that wordpress DOES NOT allow advertising unless a person gets their dot org package, which is a paid for service.

so as i've understood it, with the regular wordpress download, no money can be made unless money is spent getting the wordpress dot org download.

please feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken.

thanks!

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then, get some inexpensive hosing (HostMonster isn't too bad).

On account of a colleague's experiences with HostMonster, I could not encourage you less to use them.

We almost ended up losing clients because of them. That's the important part of a very convoluted story with these jokers.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On account of a colleague's experiences with HostMonster, I could not encourage you less to use them.

HostGator are VERY good. I have hosted with probably 20 hosts over the years, and I can confidently say HostGator have been the best. Their instant-chat support has always sorted out my problems in minutes, and when I really did have problems with a currupted 2 gigabyte MySQL database, their tech support guys re-built the table for me about 15 times, without complaining that I kept corrupting it again within a couple of hours!

I get unlimmited domains, unlimmited mySQL databases, and cPanel for about $10 a month, which I think is fantastic...

I am not in anyway affiliated with these guys, and don't stand to gain anything by you hosting with them, I'm just genuinely pleased with their service!

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HostGator are VERY good. I have hosted with probably 20 hosts over the years, and I can confidently say HostGator have been the best. Their instant-chat support has always sorted out my problems in minutes, and when I really did have problems with a currupted 2 gigabyte MySQL database, their tech support guys re-built the table for me about 15 times, without complaining that I kept corrupting it again within a couple of hours!

I get unlimmited domains, unlimmited mySQL databases, and cPanel for about $10 a month, which I think is fantastic...

I am not in anyway affiliated with these guys, and don't stand to gain anything by you hosting with them, I'm just genuinely pleased with their service!

None greater than the gator :smilewinkgrin:

I've been using them since the beginning of this year and I couldn't agree with you more that they're the greatest.

The best part too, is that my credit card is billed monthly, rather than on a yearly cycle like most hosts.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You write 5 pages of content and design a site in under an hour, wow! If that is really the case then wow, wow!

Excellent advise, big's got it on the bull's eye, maybe try registering at Godaddy with a coupon (you might find here on the forum), that way you can even reduce the $15/year :) It pays off to be cheap in this business (every now and then that is)

Agreed! Joomla is great, give xsitepro a shot too, they are both worth it, but that being said, I'd rather spend the same amount of time learning and figuring out how to customize and optimize Wordpress, possibly the easiest thing on the market for both pros and newbies......

Best of luck, PM me if you need anything, will be glad to help!

Aditya

I outsource content for $0.50 a word. You can build like 10 sites in an hour. Anyway, using this method I was able to generate $5,000 in a little over a year.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Agree 100%.. I've had a reseller account with Gator now for 4 years at least.. They actually took over the hosting service I was with.. The 24/7 chat support is great, they worked out every problem I had, most of which was a glitch on my end. I have no complaints from them whatsoever. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

I wish could say the same for parking companies, but I doubt that day will ever come.

Nordick

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know some profitable minisite solutions, but I"m new here, just afraid if it can be considered as spam if I post it here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators