Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ICANN soliciting feedback on WLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Hi thewitt

Do you think there's any action we should take so that the actual implementation of WLS won't favor the big players too much, even though our chances of being heard are minimal?

Hope to hear your views!
host1515

I would simply rail against WLS at every opportunity. There is no need for it. The open market will continue to support dropping domain names in a competative fashion.

WLS - Just Say No!

-t

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a conference call today, and almost everyone was against WLS. I'm pretty sure that in June ICANN will send it back for further "consensus" building, instead of giving it the fast-track approval that Verisign wants.

During the conference call, Dotster said they'd take legal action if WLS was approved, so I very much doubt WLS will be implemented anytime soon.

My own statement during the conference call is mirrored here:

http://www.LOFFS.com/wls/

Sincerely,

George

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Melbourne IT and the other ICANN registrars that favour WLS on the conference call, or was it the usual suspects?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if Melbourne IT was lurking -- they didn't speak up.

I'm not sure why they support WLS, as lots of name grabbers were using them at one time. If WLS goes through, only the lowest cost WLS provider will be doing volume.

Do they still administer .com.au? Perhaps they think that they can "innovate" at the registry level, and leverage a monopoly, if they support VRSN on this one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators