• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

IDN's - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
3,987
Reaction score
16
Hello all,
This is a similiar thread to one I wrote before about .eu. I'm starting to some very crazy domain IDN seller's offering to sell their IDN's for 20k, 50k, 100k etc... Some of these domains are great, single word, high google etc... but once again they are not going to sell for those prices. Here's why. Timing is everything. It's just not the right time. Maybe after IE7, who knows, with some of these maybe never? I'm trying to help some of the newbies understand that while they can make allot of money in domains it's not an over night get rich quick scheme, rarely in history has any program like that worked for anyone. Trying to sell the same IDN I could register for the night before at $9.95 for $30k tomorrow is pretty silly. I recently bought boot.net in here for $2,500 and I see many other .com and .net names going for some great prices well worth more than any IDN, yet someone is going to try to sell an IDN for more than that? Why do you think that will work? See forks, todays market doesn't bear those figures, there is nothing to support a reason an IDN might be valued so high. Time will tell and I have bought many IDN's in hope of brighter days. I'm no where near many of you but I've still got my little collection. We'll see. I am not dimishing the value of any one name or taking a shot at any one person, I'm just trying to help bring reality into focus so the sellers and buyer don't get discouraged. Maybe opinions on this matter will vary but I hope my message is helpful. Let's keep the business flowing and prices realistic. I would say the same thing to a home seller and I would refuse to list a house at a price that I know would not sell because in the end the seller will be mad at me. LOL. Cheers,

Acro
 
I agree, but we see that in the ASCII domain market as well.

The IDN that are rubbish just won't trade, that's all.
 
Those with Domains that could reach those numbers are just being showcased right now.
It's like having a Ferrari Showroom you don't expect one to sell everyday.
Since I'm big into the Japanese IDNs I know exactly what potential they have for Japan & also I know which markets to invest in.
Many of those high end numbers are of domains where the companies in those industries might be spending $5,000 to $30,000 a month easy on online advertising.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom